I’m so scared for my daughter’s future

i am new to posting on the forum but I wondered if anyone has advice for coping with the sheer terror I feel when I think about my teenage daughter’s future? She doesn’t go to school because of such overwhelming anxiety and we have no social network around us. So life is extremely lonely for us both and the social isolation which I can see her facing is heartbreaking. I’m so scared for what her future may bring, particularly when I’m no longer around to be her advocate, her support, her company. Friends are non-existent for us both which is sadly a whole other story! When I suggest doing things, my daughter’s anxiety just overwhelms her to the point where we sit day after day doing very little. What can I do to help her? I don’t want this to be her life forevermore.

Parents
  • Hi there.  I am so sorry about how you're feeling and how your daughter is struggling.  Although not the same situation last year my son who's now 15 had a breakdown and was diagnosed with depression and PTSD through bullying.  It tore me apart and I was terrified what the future held.  We are under CAHMS and fortunately they have provided a lot of support.   The CAHMS councillor you saw needs reporting.  Is your daughter still under CAHMS? Can you see if you can see someone else. If not maybe go through your doctor?   I find it's best to write everything down as it happens or make a diary then when you go to a meeting you won't forget anything.  It's hard and it's raw but it's an honest depiction of what's happening.  

Could you could join a local support group?  A local group that has a social media page or group where you can connect with people that understand what you're going through. Maybe your daughter could too. It could be a start to getting to know other teens. Even if it's just chatting online to start with to build up her confidence. 

I want to give you a massive hug.  Best wishes to you and your daughter xx

• Hi there.  I am so sorry about how you're feeling and how your daughter is struggling.  Although not the same situation last year my son who's now 15 had a breakdown and was diagnosed with depression and PTSD through bullying.  It tore me apart and I was terrified what the future held.  We are under CAHMS and fortunately they have provided a lot of support.   The CAHMS councillor you saw needs reporting.  Is your daughter still under CAHMS? Can you see if you can see someone else. If not maybe go through your doctor?   I find it's best to write everything down as it happens or make a diary then when you go to a meeting you won't forget anything.  It's hard and it's raw but it's an honest depiction of what's happening.  

Could you could join a local support group?  A local group that has a social media page or group where you can connect with people that understand what you're going through. Maybe your daughter could too. It could be a start to getting to know other teens. Even if it's just chatting online to start with to build up her confidence. 

I want to give you a massive hug.  Best wishes to you and your daughter xx

Children
No Data