I’m so scared for my daughter’s future

i am new to posting on the forum but I wondered if anyone has advice for coping with the sheer terror I feel when I think about my teenage daughter’s future? She doesn’t go to school because of such overwhelming anxiety and we have no social network around us. So life is extremely lonely for us both and the social isolation which I can see her facing is heartbreaking. I’m so scared for what her future may bring, particularly when I’m no longer around to be her advocate, her support, her company. Friends are non-existent for us both which is sadly a whole other story! When I suggest doing things, my daughter’s anxiety just overwhelms her to the point where we sit day after day doing very little. What can I do to help her? I don’t want this to be her life forevermore.

Parents
  • I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, my heart goes to you. I am in a similar boat in many ways with my daughters, but I am a bit more optimistic. We can do a lot to help autism acceptance and to empower autistic people to live full lives. In baby steps, I am afraid :)  How old is your daughter?

• I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, my heart goes to you. I am in a similar boat in many ways with my daughters, but I am a bit more optimistic. We can do a lot to help autism acceptance and to empower autistic people to live full lives. In baby steps, I am afraid :)  How old is your daughter?

Children
No Data