EHCP

Hi,

So I have been working with school Senco to get extra help for my 6 year old but despite 2 applications the local education dept wont conduct an EHCP assessment. I could use some advice on pushing this through. (Education psych and SLT both support the application) I know next step is mediation.

Would welcome any advice. Thanks.

Parents
  • I'm sure the local authority like to cause more stress than necessary. I've also had a head teacher block the application. She tried blaming it on her dyslexia then finally said she didnt have the funding. 

We got refused twice, I was helping on school trips, taking him out of school at lunch, being called into school from work for meltdowns etc. He refused to write at all in class, hid under desks all sorts. But the local authority refused him! Mediation was just as useless and a complete waste of time but you have to try. 

Someone I know of applied at the same time just because she wanted benefits! Her own admission to me. Her son had no issues in school and she got it approved 1st time! Bizare

• I'm sure the local authority like to cause more stress than necessary. I've also had a head teacher block the application. She tried blaming it on her dyslexia then finally said she didnt have the funding. 

We got refused twice, I was helping on school trips, taking him out of school at lunch, being called into school from work for meltdowns etc. He refused to write at all in class, hid under desks all sorts. But the local authority refused him! Mediation was just as useless and a complete waste of time but you have to try. 

Someone I know of applied at the same time just because she wanted benefits! Her own admission to me. Her son had no issues in school and she got it approved 1st time! Bizare

Children
No Data