6 Year Old Daughter

Hi, 

I'm new here please bare with me. My daughter is 6 years old she she was diagnosed last with with autism. I'm a single mom, I can use all the help I can get.

What to do at home, how to calm her down and so forth 

Parents
  • Hi I have a son who was diagnosed at the same age. What triggers her meltdowns? That would be the first thing to look at so you can limit meltdowns. I found my son changed his needs to cope with melt down. It went from dropping to the floor with him and giving a bear hug to just dropping to the floor with him and leting him know it was all okay

• Hi I have a son who was diagnosed at the same age. What triggers her meltdowns? That would be the first thing to look at so you can limit meltdowns. I found my son changed his needs to cope with melt down. It went from dropping to the floor with him and giving a bear hug to just dropping to the floor with him and leting him know it was all okay

Children
  • Thank you for your response, well as I said it's a fairly new diagnosis I was not aware, for me she was just being difficult. I will have to start monitoring them because I would sometimes ask her what's wrong expecting an answer but ofcourse I never get it, sometimes she will run to me and then I would hold her and it calms her.