Truth or dare games - help

Can anyone help me with how to approach talking to my daughter (11yrs) about truth and dare games? I’ve seen a video she made and sent in a group chat of herself eating soap as school “friends” had dared her to and said they’d done it, none had video proof however.

Parents
  • I think a good idea might be explaining to her that just because other people say that they have done something it doesn’t mean that have ‘really’ done whatever it was. This is a massive thing for anyone with ASD, taking everything that others say literally, not realising that they are bluffing. I know myself, back when I was at school, whenever other children used to say that they’d done something, I’d just blindly believe them, it’s taken getting to my late 30’s to realise that most of what they said was made up. It’s important to make sure that your daughter isn’t using false information to influence her decisions about whether or not to do things, such as eating soap. 

• I think a good idea might be explaining to her that just because other people say that they have done something it doesn’t mean that have ‘really’ done whatever it was. This is a massive thing for anyone with ASD, taking everything that others say literally, not realising that they are bluffing. I know myself, back when I was at school, whenever other children used to say that they’d done something, I’d just blindly believe them, it’s taken getting to my late 30’s to realise that most of what they said was made up. It’s important to make sure that your daughter isn’t using false information to influence her decisions about whether or not to do things, such as eating soap. 

Children
No Data