Social services involved in my autistic son's lives?

Ok, so my two boys age 11 and 6 have been diagnosed with autism and now their school has got in touch with social services over my youngest sons behaviour. He will shout, scream and attack people when he is in a bad mood and I have no clue whatsoever how to handle these meltdowns he had. He is a sweet boy most of the time but now I find myself getting depressed and anxious as to whether social services will just take him away as he can be quite brutal to his older brother at times. Can anyone advise me if they have been in this situation before please?

Parents
  • I agree with the advice given.

Social Services cannot just take your child away for being autistic.

The issue is that SS are not trained or qualified to deal with autism. Google charities that can help and give advice on SS involvement.

There's a book by Dr Ross Green..The Explosive Child. You will find it v helpful and he gives strategies that might help your son.

Also Dr Tony Atwood.

Don't be intimidated by SS and get yourself an advocate. MIND for example do the service.

Get an email address for the one your allocated and correspond via email

• I agree with the advice given.

Social Services cannot just take your child away for being autistic.

The issue is that SS are not trained or qualified to deal with autism. Google charities that can help and give advice on SS involvement.

There's a book by Dr Ross Green..The Explosive Child. You will find it v helpful and he gives strategies that might help your son.

Also Dr Tony Atwood.

Don't be intimidated by SS and get yourself an advocate. MIND for example do the service.

Get an email address for the one your allocated and correspond via email

Children
No Data