GCSE exam access

Hi I’m hoping someone can give me advice. My daughter is autistic and sitting her GCSE exams. Nobody offered her any special access arrangements so she’s been sitting in the main hall with the other kids and finding it really hard because of sensory distractions. The school day they can let her sit in the smaller room with the other autistic kids because the access arrangements were made some time ago and can’t be changed now. 

Is there any way I can appeal to the school as I feel it’s unfair she was never offered any assistance and also she didn’t realise about the sensory issues until she was actually in the exam environment. She still has 2 weeks of exams left.

Parents
  • It might be a bit late now but for future reference school can get permission from the exam boards to let kids sit their exams in a different environment. My son can't attend school due to anxiety so has been able to sit his GCSE's at home (both this year and last year). Can I just say that I've learned to ask for" the moon on a stick" - found it puts me in a better position for compromising and getting what I feel that my child needs to be on a level playing field. 

• It might be a bit late now but for future reference school can get permission from the exam boards to let kids sit their exams in a different environment. My son can't attend school due to anxiety so has been able to sit his GCSE's at home (both this year and last year). Can I just say that I've learned to ask for" the moon on a stick" - found it puts me in a better position for compromising and getting what I feel that my child needs to be on a level playing field. 

Children
No Data