HEALIOS Online therapy

Hi all, 

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience of Healios. If so, what impact has it had? 

My 15 year old has been under CAMHS for the last six months and has been diagnosed with depression, PTSD and anxiety. He was diagnosed with high functioning autism when he was 6. 

He's been through the group therapy under CAHMS and he's now going to be referred to something called Healios. I'd never heard of it before. It's basically 121 counciliing through the app on a facetime/Skype basis. It looks really good and for my son it sounds like it would work really well but it sounds too good to be true.  Does anyone know anything or had experience with this? 

Many thanks x

Parents
  • Hello! We haven't had counselling via Healios, but they did DD's diagnosis earlier this year and I really can't fault them! The clinicians were great, the fact that we had the appointments from home was really helpful for DD (I was worried she wouldn't be 'auty' enough, but needn't have!) and the timescales were fantastic. 

Whether counselling works this way will really depend on the child and how they cope with skype/zoom etc. It's become evident through lockdown that mine really does not like this as a means of communication! 

However, as a service, Healios are great in my opinion. 

Hope it helps x

• Hi

Thanks for your response. I am glad that you and your daughter are getting the support - that is good news.
    Indeed, the use of Social Media/Zoom/Skype as a means of communication has been more than useful to many - for but for our Son - as well as your Daughter - they both struggle with it.

Hopefully, we should be hearing from CAHMS for their 1-1 meeting soon; I am hoping it's before 2021 as our Son will be starting Comp - so he needs to prepare for that.

• Hi

Thanks for your response. I am glad that you and your daughter are getting the support - that is good news.
    Indeed, the use of Social Media/Zoom/Skype as a means of communication has been more than useful to many - for but for our Son - as well as your Daughter - they both struggle with it.

Hopefully, we should be hearing from CAHMS for their 1-1 meeting soon; I am hoping it's before 2021 as our Son will be starting Comp - so he needs to prepare for that.

Children
No Data