To have another child or not?

Hello

I don’t know if this is too personal a topic but I just wondered how you felt or decided about having another child with the possibility of having another autistic child?

We love our son dearly and we don’t want him to be the only child but we just don’t know how to decide whether we have another or not as we read all different kinds of resources saying what the % of having another autistic child is but they all seem to vary from 4% right up to 20%. Plus we are both almost 40 years of age and I know that adds to the %.

Just looking to see how other people felt in this position

Julie x

Parents
  • Our daughter is 8 and awaiting diagnosis we have another daughter aged 7 and a 14 month old neither one of the younger children show any signs I am 39 now so close in age to you, but you never know this is a decision only you and your family can make x

• Thank you for your response. I think I’ve just got thinking about it more because I went on a course Friday last week and there were 7 other women on this course all had more than one child and more than one child diagnosed autistic. It’s just got me thinking about the odds that’s all x

• Thank you for your response. I think I’ve just got thinking about it more because I went on a course Friday last week and there were 7 other women on this course all had more than one child and more than one child diagnosed autistic. It’s just got me thinking about the odds that’s all x

Children
No Data