URGENTLY looking for mainstream school with supportive approach to SEN -SW London

Hi all - my daughter (6) is at the early stages of expected ASD diagnosis. The school’s approach has been terrible. She has been moved to a room alone with no interaction with peers for an indefinite period (with almost certain negative affect of emotional well-being). They claim that if not she would be excluded (we believe that attitude to be discriminatory and will pursue it separately). It’s just not a welcoming environment and we wonder if you can recommend any schools in SW London with good SEN provision, or at least a supportive approach? 

Many thanks! 

• I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with your daughters' school. On what basis have the school isolated her? Has she been violent etc in school?

I can't be any help about schools in London but you should be able to find a list online. Good luck with your search.

• Hi there, 

I’m so sorry to hear this about your daughter. You can search for schools that cater for children with an autism spectrum disorder on our Autism Services Directory, here’s a link www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

Also you may want to contact our Education Rights Service who provides information, support and advice on educational provision and entitlements. http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/education-rights.aspx

Hope this helps,

SteveMod 

• Hi, I'm sorry your daughters school are behaving this way, it is not right and keeping your daughter isolated like that is actually a form of restraint which should be reported to the local authority. 

As for schools I can't recommend one in London as I don't live there, but the services directory on this site should allow you to refine schools according to your needs.