**ADVICE NEEDED **

My 13 year old daughter has been refusing to wear underwear for a few years,  she can’t/won’t tolerate the feeling.  We have tried all sorts of underwear, seam free etc to no avail.  She has recently started her periods and we are having a nightmare.  Does anyone have any advice?   Thanks in advance. Xx 

Parents
  • Sorry you are having this issue with your daughter.  No real advice, I'm afraid - but I know it isn't an uncommon thing.  I used to work with an autistic chap who simply refused to wear multiple layers of clothing.  Only ever one layer - winter and summer.  And no underwear at all.

Can I ask... is she in mainstream schooling?  Does she have learning disabilities?  Does she have any other sensory issues?

• She has always been educated in a  mainstream school, earlier this year she moved to a mainstream school that has an autism base attached.  No learning disability, sensory issues around all clothing.  Specific material tshirts, no jackets in any weather.

• She has always been educated in a  mainstream school, earlier this year she moved to a mainstream school that has an autism base attached.  No learning disability, sensory issues around all clothing.  Specific material tshirts, no jackets in any weather.

Children
No Data