Asd adhd son Spiralling out of control.

Hello I have a 9 year old son with asd & adhd & I feel like he is a danger to his siblings & someone is going to get seriously hurt. He has medication for his adhd & has improved so much at school but at home it feels like He is out of control! He can’t follow the simplest instruction from asking him to change out of his clothes, to stop climbing furniture or stop touching his siblings, literally everything is a battle! He bounces of the walls & doesn’t know when to stop always going too far. He is only remorseful once he has gone too far & even then learns no lesson from it & will be in the same situations over & over! I’m sick of it & I have no idea who to tell my concerns to as I really believe someone is going to end up seriously hurt! He’s my son & I love him dearly but at the moment I feel like if he carries on like this I can’t have him here being a danger to us all. Any advice on who to speak with or get him help with? 

Parents
  • Hi MCasD,

I'm sorry to hear how difficult things are for your family at the moment, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Kind regards,

Heather - Mod

• Hi MCasD,

I'm sorry to hear how difficult things are for your family at the moment, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Kind regards,

Heather - Mod

Children
No Data