Autistic daughter suddenly becoming worse.

Hi there. I'm new here and wanted to get some advice about my daughter. She was diagnosed with ASD when she was 3. She's 6 now and since Christmas her behaviour has got a lot worse. The main issue is her controlling behaviour and inflexibility. She's always been like this but the past few weeks things have got out of hand. In particular are lots of little obsessions, like OCD I suppose; constant checking and turning the lights on an off, rubbing letters out and redrawing them so they look "just right". If any of this is interrupted she explodes with emotion and is very hard to calm down. My concern, and this is what I'd like advice on, is should we entertain these obsessions? Or should we try to limit them in some way? I'm concerned that if we let her continue like this it will get worse to the point of really affecting her quality of life. Although I am not autistic I myself have OCD and in the past it has completely dominated my life and I'm concerned the same will happen to my daughter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data