Is it possible to get a diagnosis even if school don't agree?

Hi I have an appointment with paediatric, for my 10 year old daughter in a few weeks. My issue is school can't see there is a problem ,however I have a child with alot of Sensory issues, who has total meltdowns over the smallest of things. School have told me there no point in getting a diagnosis as she doesn't need support. My daughter fathers partner, is trained in autism, and she could see alot of signs of autism in my daughter without me or her father even mentioning it. I also have a son with Asperger's and a daughter with Dyspraxia, so I do know what I'm dealing with. I'm just feeling like I'm going to have to fight to get paediatric to take me serious. 

Parents
  • Good luck with this. You’re doing the right thing in my  view. I’m a late diagnosed woman with ASD.. school would I’m sure have said I didn’t need support-i did. I could handle the lessons and schoolwork but I couldn’t handle the social side of things and the constant bullying once I was at secondary. I think it can’t be anything but helpful for your daughter to be diagnosed if she has ASD. I hope it all works out for you both. Good luck again.

• Good luck with this. You’re doing the right thing in my  view. I’m a late diagnosed woman with ASD.. school would I’m sure have said I didn’t need support-i did. I could handle the lessons and schoolwork but I couldn’t handle the social side of things and the constant bullying once I was at secondary. I think it can’t be anything but helpful for your daughter to be diagnosed if she has ASD. I hope it all works out for you both. Good luck again.

Children