My 9year old Son doesn’t want to go to school.

Hello

its my first time on here, i really need some advice, my 9 year old son doesn’t want to go to school. We have a huge meltdown every morning and it’s getting worse and worse. I know he’s ok at school and not struggling but just hates it! He’s only been diagnosed a few months so it’s all very new. Thank you. 

Parents
  • Hi 

My daughter is 8 and not diagnosed yet but this is what we get nearly every morning, once she is in class she settles but breaks down again after school.

Has anything changed in the morning routine? Even the littlest thing could cause it. With my daughter we think it's that she can be herself at home but has this strict self imposed idea of how she must act In school which causes her reluctance I'm the morning 

• Hi 

My daughter is 8 and not diagnosed yet but this is what we get nearly every morning, once she is in class she settles but breaks down again after school.

Has anything changed in the morning routine? Even the littlest thing could cause it. With my daughter we think it's that she can be herself at home but has this strict self imposed idea of how she must act In school which causes her reluctance I'm the morning 

Children
  • Hello

Thank you for replying to me. 

I’m sorry your struggling with this also, we also think that he masks it very well at school and then when he comes home he can be himself like your daughter and it all comes out. A slight change in his morning routine cause chaos as you can imagine so that’s something we manage very careful. I’ve also spoke to school and asked them where they can to give me a heads up if they’re aware of any changes happening in the school routine. x