Anyone using CBD Oil with their ASC son/ daughter?

Hey guys!

I have a lovely, but demanding 3.5 year old daughter who was diagnosed with ASC over a year ago.

Now she is getting older, her symptoms, temper and sleeplessness is becoming worse (terrible threes?)

I'm a big believer in alternative therapies and regularly use CBD oil on myself and Personal training clients.

We've tried everything under the sun for her ongoing sleeping issues: Magnesium liquid, Vitamin D spray, Melatonin, oats, Lavender oil and Homeopathy, but nothing works!

We've literally never had an entire week of her sleeping through the night, since her birth.

Wife and I are at the end of our tethers!

We've now started using CBD from a company called the Original Alternative (formerly CBD brothers), who where kind enough to give me a sample bottle of their Purple Edition Formula, which is a Sativa/ Indica blend, and only 0.021% THC.

See: Purple Edition

Three weeks in and we've noticed minor improvements to her mood/ anxiety, however her sleep has not improved and she will be awake 2-5 hours every night!

We have been adviced that we can increase the dosage to two pumps per day in her drink (currently only having one per day), but I'm now wondering if its the Sativa in the blend which can be slightly stimulating (versus Indica).

Anyone had any experience (positive or negative) using CBD please?

Any ideas/ products would be appreciated! :-)

• There v bland and my daughter has them with her meals.

Let us know how u get on please.

• Great- thank you!

I'm using the liquid version of the same brand at the moment, which is not easy to get down LO, so may try the gummies!

• Nordic Naturals ages 3-6 children's dha 250 mg.

Omega-3

My daughter is ten and has four a day which is s low dosage..l think.

They are mini soft gels and bland in taste .

There pure and l think l will definitely start budgeting for them every month..

Going to start on the adult ones myself

The dog likes them as wellRolling eyes

• Yes I did watch that! Its amazing! Such a shame they have to wait for the CBD oil though! I hope it works for them, as its helped so many others!

Which DHA gummies did you get please?

• I have started my daughter on high quality DHA gummies ( fish oil)

They are pure and l heard good things. Well she had all four of them today...and l have a good feeling about them.

It's funny as she had the first and then asked for the others.

Be inyeresting to see how things go with you.

Did u see the documentary this week about the young boy with epilepsy

His parents where considering it...medical strength.

• No my partner uses himself and finds it helpful but after the grief we got for the melatonin we didn't want to give them anymore reason to moan at us! To be honest it seems ridiculous to me but they want any thing done with medical support but when you have been asking for years and gp can't help til peads says so and peads won't help until child development centre assess her it just seems unfair that we get penalised for doing something that helped but oh well 

I just thought I'd warn you that some professionals have real problems with parents trying alternatives or taking matters into their own hands 

I wish you the best of luck with everything! 

• Geez!

How crazy! Poor you going round in circles like that. The system is flawed for sure!

I'm going to try and start the referral process now, and even call our local Autism Charity (Amaze) to see if they can help at all.

We did try the Melatonin gummies too, but from what I understand is they help with getting to sleep, rather than keeping you asleep, and they didn't do much either.

Have you not tried the CBD yet then?

• Hi 

My daughter is 8 and undiagnosed at the moment but has had severe sleep problems since birth. She did settle down a bit between 12-18 months but since then I'm lucky if she sleeps 3-5 hours a night and not all at once! 

I repeatedly asked doctors for help and got told all parents say their children don't sleep! Peads finally saw her at 4 and said she needed assessment and asked gp to refer her as they have better access, but our gp in there wisdom decided she was fine and didn't bother sending it! Or telling us this we waited and finally found out she had not been referred. School nurse got involved and arranged referral but she was rejected due to the wording of the referral letter. I have been going round in circles for years now with my daughter not sleeping. 

I finally had enough waiting for them to help so started her on melatonin gummies and what a difference it was fantastic. We had been considering cbd as an alternative as she gets very bad anxiety as well. 

However when my daughter told her anxiety counsellor that I gave her something for sleep, well the tirade of phone calls and emails from school, and school nurses as well as family support was to much they were even considering if it was a safeguarding issue! ( got round it as it is classified food supplement)  but we have had to stop giving them and now we are back to no sleep

I wish I could recommend it but be aware of fall out.