Early Help Plan

Hi there I have a 15 year old daughter with ASD refuses school due to exam a stress and other reasons. School referred to social care and I am now on an Early Help plan.

Does anyone have experience of this as it’s all a bit vague and worrying at the moment?

Parents
  • I have just been put on early help plan. I was very dubious when school nurse suggested it as had Very bad experience with social services years ago. However this has been nothing like that (so far!) from the start of the plan I didn't hear anything for awhile and wondered if anything was even being done. But we were assigned a family support worker and she does all the leg work organising the different people involved with my daughter she also made a brief assessment of the difficulties my daughter has and contacted school and told them what referrals were needed and what we were working towards. She comes out regularly and speaks to all of my children (separately)  so she can understand what is bothering them and she also sees me to offer support services or other things that maybe of use. To be honest that bit is not much use to me but at least I know what's available. She also holds regular meetings with me and all professionals involved with my daughter so that everyone is on the same page and things don't get overlooked. 

In our case this is being done to provide the child development centre with enough professional opinions and evidence to force them to reconsider their decision to see my daughter (rejected on the wording of her referral letter and not enough evidence)  

I know other people that have had these plans and it has given them access to services they need and alot quicker.

If you have concerns talk to the person who created the plan they will be able to give you more information, but it is normal not to hear much until your case is assigned. Also the support worker is not a social worker so you have more rights to state what you want for your child 

• I have just been put on early help plan. I was very dubious when school nurse suggested it as had Very bad experience with social services years ago. However this has been nothing like that (so far!) from the start of the plan I didn't hear anything for awhile and wondered if anything was even being done. But we were assigned a family support worker and she does all the leg work organising the different people involved with my daughter she also made a brief assessment of the difficulties my daughter has and contacted school and told them what referrals were needed and what we were working towards. She comes out regularly and speaks to all of my children (separately)  so she can understand what is bothering them and she also sees me to offer support services or other things that maybe of use. To be honest that bit is not much use to me but at least I know what's available. She also holds regular meetings with me and all professionals involved with my daughter so that everyone is on the same page and things don't get overlooked. 

In our case this is being done to provide the child development centre with enough professional opinions and evidence to force them to reconsider their decision to see my daughter (rejected on the wording of her referral letter and not enough evidence)  

I know other people that have had these plans and it has given them access to services they need and alot quicker.

If you have concerns talk to the person who created the plan they will be able to give you more information, but it is normal not to hear much until your case is assigned. Also the support worker is not a social worker so you have more rights to state what you want for your child 

Children
No Data