Anxiety counselling for children

My daughter is 8, and we strongly believe that she has asd she is receiving anxiety counselling in school as part of her referral process (and to help her anxiety obviously)  does anyone have any experience with this as on the few occasions this nurse has been out to see my daughter she doesn't seem to have addressed any of her problems, when I ask my daughter about it she just says she tells her she is fine (as you are supposed to be fine in school!)  so not sure if this will help or hinder her referral.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had dealt with this kind of situation before 

Parents
  • Hi. My daughter's ten and when she was eight l knew she was suffering from anxiety and always though she might be aspi. I used to try and talk to her about it but all she would say was "I'm fine" constantly.

She then started blowing up after school due to hiding her now open behaviours.

Tony Attwood on YouTube helped me. He's a Psychologist and his seminar and on Asperger's in  girls untangled what was going on with my daughter.

By the way..does she like being on her own a lot at home..in her room. I now respect this instead of makeing her join in stuff.

• Hi, I took nas's autism in women and girls course and found that helpful, we allow her plenty of space and time when she gets in from school as she to blows up from the effort involved in looking normal at school. I just wondered if the anxiety counselling would be doing any good as she just tells them she's fine. 

• Hi, I took nas's autism in women and girls course and found that helpful, we allow her plenty of space and time when she gets in from school as she to blows up from the effort involved in looking normal at school. I just wondered if the anxiety counselling would be doing any good as she just tells them she's fine. 

Children
No Data