Is this a bad idea?

Hello! My son is 15 and has asd and anxiety He wouldn't drink milk out of anything other than a babies bottle But when he was about 8 he bit the teat and I didn't replace it because my ex said don't as he's to old He had a dietitian appointment on Friday and they said it's great that he started eating yogurts but he could do with my calcium especially because he doesn't brush his teeth So I was thinking of getting him a bottle and letting him drink milk out of it especially now because he eats cheerios Is this a bad idea?

• Hi, just a quick one if your son struggles brushing his teeth milk from a bottle will not help his teeth at all. My daughter had no enamel on her baby teeth and would not get rid of her bottle until nearly 3, it caused so much damage and alot of traumatic trips to the dentist. A sports bottle will not cause as much damage (according to the dentist)  but still not a good idea at night 

• I am not the parent of an autistic child myself. I am autistic and change was something I didn’t like much, not that there was a choice when I was young, How difficult was it for your son to get used to not having the bottle?

If it was a difficult time and he eventually accepted he can no longer use a bottle, then going back to using it will not only cause confusion as he was taught it was no longer needed, it will reassure him and possibly getting him drinking milk but come the time he has to stop it will be even harder to accept.

If needs be why not use a sports bottle, pull up spout type, or if that really doesn’t help then consider a drinking cup, the ones with a lid and raised mouth piece, I imagine it might be easier to slowly switch to an ordinary cup after that.

No idea if my thoughts will help but as an autistic I really don’t like change,

I hope you get more replies from parents who have experience in this, eating yogurt is really good.

Take care.