PIP rejection 16 yr old - what next?

Dear All 

My son has just turned 16, he was awarded DLA till he was 18, with ASD, hypermobility, and skull defect. Then they wrote to me to let me know they were moving him onto PIP.  I followed the process and was appointed his appointee. Sent in a letter, and all the other medical requirements, Attended the interview and explained how we have to do many things a certain way. The assessor was really pleasant but the write up that we have received bears no relation to the interview or the questions he asked. It says things like you did not appear anxious, you had good cognitive understanding, your mum cooks but there is no suggestion you cannot learn. You have a bank account and one day you will learn to use it, this kind of thing. This was after we explained my son doesn't eat if I am not in the house as he is too scared to cook as he left the cooker on all day once. I wont go into all the details, as I am sure you are all aware of the normal problems, severely disturbed executive function doesn't seem to exist according to this write up despite the consultants and psychologist explaining it does.

I also noticed the letter was apparently written three weeks ago, yet just arrived yesterday which I find very odd, leaving me only a few days to work out what to do. Do I bother writing back or is it pointless? Many thanks 

• The whole process kicked off in February this year and we haven't had a date set yet for the tribunal - we've asked for a short notice cancellation to try to speed it up. Typically, I'm told it can be an 18-month process.

They deliberately fake the dates on the letters to make sure you have no time to gather any additional evidence required for the appeal. It's amazing that any other 2nd class post takes 2 days but the DWP dakes at least 20 days. Some might say it's deliberate fraud.

Remember to make detailed notes of every time you contact them, when their letters arrive and the alledged dates of postage - it's all evidence of their deliberate mis-handling of your claim - which might help you if you end up having to go to tribunal.

• Can I ask how long have you been waiting for a tribunal date ?   I'm struggling to find the right words to say why I want to a appeal ,  My

daughters assessment was full of lies and missed out things.It's so stressful all the time. 

• My mind is blown looking at the mandatory form and just trying to work out what to put where and where do i start trying to negate point by point 

• See this thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../pip-is-it-worth-bothering-it-s-a-headache-already

There seems to be a pattern of rejecting almost everyone this year. Maybe linked to the universal credit roll-out so they're pushing everything down the road with no thought whatsoever about the effects on the claimants.

I'm waiting for a tribunal date because of their outright lies and them completely ignoring all of my medical evidence. And yes - they play the date trick to panic you and deliberately run you out of time.

• Thank you for replying, we explained things like my son slept in my room till he was 14, still needs help with applying face creams, toothpaste on a brush, cannot choose clothes, will wear same underwear for days, cannot use washing machine, cannot do anything but pot noodles or toast, wont go on buses, or journeys alone.  Gets into trouble for not reading emails and constantly forgetting to be in certain places at school etc ..all totally ignored.  the list is endless, just becuase he didnt appear anxious in this one mans interview , what did he want him to do freak out to prove it. The consultants, that we have had our entire life have validated it over and over, it is a truly appualing system to try to put asd into this set of criteria and process 

• I had mine interview a couple of days ago and will be interested in how you get on chasing this up. 

Certainly seems like what you talked about and the evidence you supplied doesn't match up with the report.

My assessor was polite too, asked all kinds of questions but mainly relating to my trouble with social interaction and decision making.

I'm not yet diagnosed but on the waiting list with a view to going private in the Spring.

Let me know how you get on and good luck, never give up fighting your corner