Help new and pos have child ASD or something anyways.

Hi hope this ok. I just got diagnosed ASD myself in Sept this yr and my nearly 6 yr old daughter's 8s slot like me If not worse. Anyways am not saying she's on soectrum but highly likly. I had a meeting in school this morning about her. She's p1 and they are having issues with her food ie she's hiding it outing it on floor and tuning it in clothes or chewing it and sporting it out. We thought she prefers soft foods but she's will eat Haribo sweets and crisps fine. She used be a good eater as baby ( has food allergens but still can eat a lot things) so school plan do a food diary so we know her intake she's under dieic8an but there not contacted while and have had cancel appointments. I was supposed get call back. School also said m6 daughter struggling school work they wondered of she's not processing or understanding things as simple things she gets up set over or activity doing what a pirate would like as a present she was asked and said "toys"  when asked what kind of toys she's started crying aparanly down this a lot when asked a question. ( I myself can cry when sitting chatting with someone especially of eye contact a lot and more emotional topic). I am new to autism myself so a lot out my depth as is and the more I watch my daughter more convinced I am she has it. The School are going get speech therapy involved  to see her language grasp. She did mention Nas think called but it's a 12 of form she's not wanting to yet after I said I was just diagnosed and we will meet again in Feb. I any advice erg appreciated how do I get her eat more she's hit or miss has phases of eating well and phases not eating she was brill eater as baby. 

Thank you 

• We have always had dinner together I don't make it twice never have. And yea I put it in front her and try encourage her eat have even for my son asked him eat say 5 pieces this he loves numbers so it works and yea if she's not wanting it she will refuse she.plays with food eats slowly an I have hated when she's not going eat. My daughter is allergic to milk and soya so I can't give her a lot the pre made breaded things normally for kids or pizza I did make ports ones with special cheese. She loves toast thankfully and porridge. Likes her fruit. She would love Chinese and Indian food she likes spicy foods lol. I try make things I know she will eat ( eaten in past) I also make it for everyone well due her allergies I do make kids different from me some days . I will try make it more fun see of helps .

• I can only answer about the food part - I always made food fun and never made an issue out of it - if she realises she can mess you about and control you by not eating, it will get worse.

We had the rule of eat the good bits until you have had enough - don't force food onto them and don't try to force difficult (horrible) foods on her "because it's good for her". It's usually good to be eating at the same time as them so it's not some strange isolation/punishment routine.

Schools tend to produce lunches that no-one likes but most kids can force it down even if they don't like it. I remember the disgusting things at my school.

I made food fun for my daughter by cutting toast into a jigsaw puzzles or stacking chips into towers for Jenga and providing a load of different tastes & textures.

Kids tend to want to eat sugary/salty crap - but if you think about it, pizza is bread, cheese and some toppings, a burger is meat, veg & bread, nuggets are chicken & breadcrumbs - it's not really that bad in moderation.

Most kids are violently allergic to any kind of veg (well, that's what the kids say) so there's no point pushing too hard - try spaghetti letters - you can make rude words with it.

As they grow up, they tend to get a bit more adventurous when their friends talk about Chinese, Indian and Thai foods.

Also, remember that a cow just eats grass - and that makes bones, muscles and leather.

If she's about the right size & weight, she's probably doing ok.