1st appointment looming

Hi,

7 months later, we finally have a date for my daughter to start her assessment for Autism. Naturally she’s already anxious! There will be 3 parts; a session together to get family info, an appointment for just us parents, and my daughter will be doing a ‘table too activity’. She’s already wanting to know what this is. Any ideas? She’s 14, by the way.

Will she be filling in any questionnaires etc, as I’m sure I won’t remember all I have to say, let alone her....

I have to bring her school reports in. These are all perfect! I feel like I should start making notes of things, as I want them to get the best picture of her. I know they are very good at what they do, but I’m still worried the real her won’t be seen, as speaking to her, she’s eloquent and adept at masking!

I had to contact the school about her last week, and a teacher said, oh, I like talking to (name). She’s very intelligent, and...hmm an ‘interesting’ girl. That just about sums her up lol....

Parents
  • they basically ask you a load of really random question and see how you react. they also ask you to do a load of simple tasks. it doesn't really matter what happens they are just there to try and understand.

as for you i would suggest defiantly making tones of notes, everything. even if it seems insignificant it may given context or they may see something you haven't .

from a person who has had the ASD assessment and is a similar age. 

feel free to PM me, i may be able to give you some more information and stuff

• Thank you for your response.

I am now keeping a diary of things that happen day to day, and I am in the middle of compiling a few lists of things about my daughter, to help me remember on the day. The more I think about things, the more I am recognising. It’s certainly the ‘little stuff’ that seems to matter.

• Thank you for your response.

I am now keeping a diary of things that happen day to day, and I am in the middle of compiling a few lists of things about my daughter, to help me remember on the day. The more I think about things, the more I am recognising. It’s certainly the ‘little stuff’ that seems to matter.

Children
No Data