secure unit

Our son Aran was moved to a secure unit from a closed secure unit today. We had 20 minutes notice of this. We manged to get a lawyer to revoke our section 25 but it had been superseeded. He was violent i n the closed unit as he has ASD ADD and wanted to come home.  If he was a prisoner of war he would get medals for bravery but I do not condone violence. It showed me his spirit was unbroken. My husband and I have a family lawyer but because we did not know he was being moved today and found out only accidently by phoning the unit to talk to Aran- we were 50 minutes too late in revoking our section 25 and we could have taken Aran home. He is now locked away. We agreed to the close secure unit for assessment purposes only. We had no idea they would/could do this. We need a lawyer in Glasgow for our son. A hearing is on Tuesday. We have not even the paperwork to prepare. We are a loving family with no criminal background, in fact I was a SEN teacher and my husband is a professor at university. Our son has been transitioned without story boards, without us being allowed to encourage him,  without his consent or understanding. We need to hire a lawyer. Aran wants to come home and we want him home. We have no experience of the law and need to move fast on this. We have 3 other children who are devestated. Aran did not know the consequence of his violent behaviour. We were to take him home tomorrow and the last two days saw a peaceful interactive boy who came out of his bedroom. He had withdrawn himself into his room for most of the day. Staying in bed. A child in deep despair. We are in a crisis of a nightmare level. So any one that can help direct us to the best child lawyer in Scotland please

Parents
  • Do hope you are all OK and that you will soon be together as a family again. 

The National Autistic Society seems to be ramping up pressure on government to address this issue. They are backing the online petition to end the detention of autistic adults and children in ATUs - Tweeting about this regularly. 

They have also issued a video which specifically mentions ATUs in Scotland: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0Vt69FtOU&safe=active&feature=youtu.be

You may already have seen this, but I thought I'd send the link just in case you have not.

Incidentally as of Friday I am now officially diagnosed autistic. Celebrating in true autistic fashion by reading a lot of research and policy documents! 

• Do hope you are all OK and that you will soon be together as a family again. 

The National Autistic Society seems to be ramping up pressure on government to address this issue. They are backing the online petition to end the detention of autistic adults and children in ATUs - Tweeting about this regularly. 

They have also issued a video which specifically mentions ATUs in Scotland: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0Vt69FtOU&safe=active&feature=youtu.be

You may already have seen this, but I thought I'd send the link just in case you have not.

Incidentally as of Friday I am now officially diagnosed autistic. Celebrating in true autistic fashion by reading a lot of research and policy documents! 

Children
No Data