Is the treatment of children with autism the same all over the country?

Families in Dorset are finding difficulties gaining support in mainstream schools for their autistic child. Assessment times can be up to 18 months and, from the time of assessment, it can be over two years before a clinical psychologist is seen. Dorset has cut funding for SEN and a child who has has 25 hours support previously is now getting two 20 minute sensory breaks a day. I wonder if this problem varies in different areas of the country?

Parents
  • Unfortunately treatment and diagnosis of just about anything are dependent on where you live this can especially be true when you live in rural areas between hospital trusts I find half the service gets sent to one awful hospital while some gets sent to a great one the same distance the other direction! It just seems to depend on who refers you 

• Unfortunately treatment and diagnosis of just about anything are dependent on where you live this can especially be true when you live in rural areas between hospital trusts I find half the service gets sent to one awful hospital while some gets sent to a great one the same distance the other direction! It just seems to depend on who refers you 

Children
No Data