New here: advice needed please!

Hi all. My son in 2 and a half. Being assessed at the moment for Autism, seems most likely. We have learnt lots of great things, however nothing at all helps with changing him. I am covered in bruised on my stomach and chest and it is getting bloody exhaustin now. I know some things are hard for him but I am seriously getting sick of having the crap kicked out of me 10 times a day. He is big for his age and so strong! Any advice at all welcome. 

Thanks very much!

Parents
  • Dear NAS38979,  

You obviously has some child autistic severe reactions, although he is probably too young for a proper determination at about 3 and a half.

I am the Father of a 35 yr old autistic adult living at home. Having fought for his welfare since he was two days old when it was apparent something was wrong. .I consider myself a self taught expert in his severe autism. My wife is an NAS Life Member, from diagnosis.

Questions to ask yourself.:

Did he suckle Normally at Birth, or did he refuse absolutely whatever was offered. That is the first sign that his Brain has been damaged.

My experience is soley with my son.

Did he have a birth accident during Birth , an indication of this is that there should be a record of Menconium in the Birth Fluids, ie he Sh.. himself.being born.  Ask for your birth records.  and perhaps take legal advice. There may be other matters in regards to being in the womb.

A blood test can reveal if the child has a form of hereditary damage, There are also a good few conditions and infections as well as physical damage that can also damage the feotus, childs,or adults brain producing the symtoms of autism. which occurs when the brain has tried and repaired any damage, as best it can, like any other wound. and assume all the Doctors in the World will differ in their belief of Causes.

Firstly you should keep a diary of the interventions and hapenings that occur, This may at a later date help you  secure his proper disability benefits.  I had to establish after a whole series of Tribunals and appeals and Appeals of appeals that started with the request for a Parking badge to help my wife park nearer the shops with an Unrully child who initially had to stay resrtrained in a push Chair. Getting older in walking arround shops he would lay or fall down refusing to be picked up. despite everybody passing in the shopping isle tut tutting as they past.

Leave him there, standing with him of Course, until he responds and can be put in a trolley seat. If people complain Just say you'r  lucky to not be handicapped. 

Certainly do not expect the severely austic child or adult to have any meaningingful comprehension of Language. That part of their Brain has been injured. But as they get older they invent their own form of Communation, As in My Son's case repeating Cartoon speak repetitiously.

My Son will now understand very simple Commands,  and  is time obsessed.

MY sons first utterings were Caw Caw from copying the Crows, some where about 4 years old.

• Dear NAS38979,  

You obviously has some child autistic severe reactions, although he is probably too young for a proper determination at about 3 and a half.

I am the Father of a 35 yr old autistic adult living at home. Having fought for his welfare since he was two days old when it was apparent something was wrong. .I consider myself a self taught expert in his severe autism. My wife is an NAS Life Member, from diagnosis.

Questions to ask yourself.:

Did he suckle Normally at Birth, or did he refuse absolutely whatever was offered. That is the first sign that his Brain has been damaged.

My experience is soley with my son.

Did he have a birth accident during Birth , an indication of this is that there should be a record of Menconium in the Birth Fluids, ie he Sh.. himself.being born.  Ask for your birth records.  and perhaps take legal advice. There may be other matters in regards to being in the womb.

A blood test can reveal if the child has a form of hereditary damage, There are also a good few conditions and infections as well as physical damage that can also damage the feotus, childs,or adults brain producing the symtoms of autism. which occurs when the brain has tried and repaired any damage, as best it can, like any other wound. and assume all the Doctors in the World will differ in their belief of Causes.

Firstly you should keep a diary of the interventions and hapenings that occur, This may at a later date help you  secure his proper disability benefits.  I had to establish after a whole series of Tribunals and appeals and Appeals of appeals that started with the request for a Parking badge to help my wife park nearer the shops with an Unrully child who initially had to stay resrtrained in a push Chair. Getting older in walking arround shops he would lay or fall down refusing to be picked up. despite everybody passing in the shopping isle tut tutting as they past.

Leave him there, standing with him of Course, until he responds and can be put in a trolley seat. If people complain Just say you'r  lucky to not be handicapped. 

Certainly do not expect the severely austic child or adult to have any meaningingful comprehension of Language. That part of their Brain has been injured. But as they get older they invent their own form of Communation, As in My Son's case repeating Cartoon speak repetitiously.

My Son will now understand very simple Commands,  and  is time obsessed.

MY sons first utterings were Caw Caw from copying the Crows, some where about 4 years old.

Children
No Data