Suspected Autism/PDA in 7 year old girl, how to approach GP

Wondering how to approach GP for referral when she masks well at school, so probably won;'t have any reports from them to go armed with.

I first initially noticed the PDA signs in her, but there are a lot of general Autism signs as well including sensory, the honesty, interupting, the focused and repetitive behaviors etc.

It breaks my heart sometimes when she is having a meltdown (once I have calmed myself down), because I can see how stuck she is for a way to manage what she is feeling. Have also been really upset when I saw her at a friends party freaking out about the balloons, afraid they may bang.

Parents
  • Hello, it's so upsetting watching her have anxietys about situations.   If I had the time again when daughter at primary school, I would insist on counselling and diagnosis and lots of help.  Good luck 

• Hello, it's so upsetting watching her have anxietys about situations.   If I had the time again when daughter at primary school, I would insist on counselling and diagnosis and lots of help.  Good luck 

Children
No Data