ASD SCAT ASSESSMENT HELP

Really sorry 4 the essay page but am in despeate need ov help am sick ov fighting n chewing on n getting knocked bck constantlyfir support!!!!

Who do ya ask for 2nd opinion on an ADI SCAT assessment outcome please...av gone thro the report over n over again n got all me reasons why we been failed on at least 4 more pointsWink...Av been waiting 2 weeks for school to provide there evidence on paperwork they sent to SCAT they still avnt and the decency to do that even tho they no the bairn struggles still in all areas. Also the ASC team member who was ower key leader who back in 2015 suggested the SCAT..who only in January this year I found out from the SCAT team leaders at Aycliffe that they had been asking the ASC for the supporting evidence to go wth his referral back in 2016 but she kept blatantly ignoring there calls for afew month then she decided to speak to tell the SCAT team that she no longer was involved at my sons school n if school still needed her services they would av to buy her services in so she never sent in any extra reports or assessments yet this same ASC team member for over 2 year never even let on about this to me nor school SENCo n dragged this out right up until January this year I only found out after I’d gt the names off [removed] as I was been blanked by the ASC key worker when she emailed me that my lad was no longer getting assessed due to reports off herself n all other professionals involved as he ad made a little progress over the past 18month..She ad spoken to the head ov the SCAT n that was there decision.. So when I found out the names of the head ov SCAT via [removed] (who also informed me at the same time she was no longer EP at the school another 2 members of her team were then now) [removed] nor none ov the other professionals involved had done any new reports or evidence for the SCAT n no 1 had any contact wth the SCAT just owr ASC key worker!!
It was then at this point I found out the truth from [removed] (Head team member ov SCAT) There has been no communication wth [removed] or her team member at all since 2016 when owr ASC key worker ad originally put the referral forms in, [removed] then said after several months ov them been blanked they found out off ASC key worker she was no longer involved wth school n they wud av to buy her services in...so my son never got accepted or assessed n owr key worker dragged us along not letting on a word about any of it until she’s emailed she ad spoke wth the head ov the team n her reasons. CAMHS then rang me back 2 days later n confirmed there last contact wth her (ASC key worker) was in 2016 not afew months ago.
To top the lot ov it I was told I could get him re assessed few months back... been waiting on CAMHS getting extra staff as they were short, they av misjudged him on 4 points when they av gone into school to assess him for half an hour., n for summit the school as said in the paperwork they filled in n sent off even tho it was done for quickness az CAMHS kept ringing apologising they were behind 4 n bit month wth the formulation meeting.
I have been told they used reports off 2015 n 2016 which needed to be updated n weren’t
I feel like me heads guna explode again...we need to be re referred back onto all the teams apparently, n thro the ASC team we av had no help or nothing off no one except Speech and language which after over 2 years he’s now getting passed to a 3rd department.
N as any1 had any evidence of what stage there bairns at academically wthall the support in place atm every day to where the bairn should be academically or what there targets were beginning ov the school yearn where they are now???? Sorry 4 rampage ov txts a need properly signposting n help before I loose the plot GrimacingGrimacingGrimacingGrimacingGrimacing

• Hi NAS38252,

It sounds like you might benefit from contacting the NAS Education Rights Service, which you can find information on here: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/education-rights.aspx

The Education advice lines (towards the bottom of the page) can help when you want general information about your child’s educational rights and entitlements or advice on specific topics such as getting extra help in school, assessments, education plans, reviews or school transport. There are two separate lines, one for general education support and one for appeals and tribunals, which sounds like what you might be after?

Hope this is of some help.

A quick note - we don't allow users to post real names, either their own or those of doctors, teachers, support workers etc, to protect people's privacy, so I have edited the names out of your post.

Ross - mod