Could you please help with this unusual enquiry?

Hello there lovely people, 

My name is Faith and I am here to prompt quite an unusual conversation. I am currently working on a TV production and the script we are developing tells a story of a 10 year old girl affected by low functioning autism. The script is written in an incredibly heartwarming, light way and it based on the writers personal experiences. We believe the project will shed more light on the importance of understanding the disorder and the lifestyle it requires. It aims to raise awareness and dismantle the wall, that contributes to creating a sense of isolation amongst the people that fall within the spectrum and their relatives. One of the challenges includes the task of imitating an interior that would reflect a sense of authenticity. It brings me to, why I decided to reach out to all of you on this forum. It would be greatly appreciated if you could possibly send me photos of any details within your home that have appeared for precautionary reasons or due to the lifestyle requirements of a 10-year old child with severe autism. It would be very useful to be able to get a hold of photos of chewed and bitten furniture, damaged walls, rooms, kitchen layouts, any safety measures etc. None of the photos will ever be screened or included in the material, they would simply become an invaluable foundation to releasing content that carries an important message. Warmest wishes, I would be so grateful for any tips, photos, messages. Thank you!

• Hi Tom, 

Thank you for your response. The message has been generated with an intension of it coming across as respectful and sensitive. I do completely understand your concerns and as per your advice I will refer my enquiries to the Press team. The requirements of the reference photos were listed based on the cues included in the script and specific visuals that uniquely apply to this particular case of this individual character. 

Could you be so kind and delete my post please, as I don't seem to be able to so. 

Thank you again

Faith 

• Hi Faith,

I'm not sure how such a request would comply (or otherwise) with the rules and T&Cs of the community, but maybe a moderator could clarify.  Certainly, I think, you shouldn't be revealing a personal email address.  Here are points 8 and 9 from the Community Rules:

• Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning.
    • Media casting and research should be directed to our Press team by emailing press@nas.org.uk Please be advised that any media casting requests not endorsed by the charity will be deleted without warning.

Other than that, I'm a little concerned about the danger of presenting a stereotypical image of rooms inhabited by low-functioning autistic people.  I work with that category of people, and their behaviours and needs vary enormously.  For instance, some may be hypersensitive to light and need less of it, others might be hyposensitive to light and need more of it.  Similarly with other sensory factors - fabrics, textures, colours, temperature, acoustics.  Some bite, others don't.  Some can cause damage (to things and to themselves) so need protections like padding around the walls.  Others do no damage at all.  Some are static, staying on a sofa all day long.  Others are perpetually moving around to different environments.  I would think that if this production is based upon the writer's personal experiences, then the writer themselves will be the best source of information.

Best wishes,

Tom