Appealing PIP decision

My son (16) has ASD and ADHD.  We found out today that he has scored zero on every element of the PIP application which means no PIP and DLA stopping.  

They appear to have not listened to a word we said at the face-to-face meeting or to anything written on the application form.  

I intend to ask ask them to ‘review the decision’ but was wondering if anyone out there had had a similar experience and whether they had any luck with the review.

Thanks

Parents
  • The next step is to ask them to carry out what is called a Mandatory Review and then if that is not successful you can go to a Tribunal.

Some people are successful at the Mandatory Review stage but most people have to go to a Tribunal.

I can't remember the current success rate but I seem to remember more people succeed with their Tribunals then fail.

(I was very lucky and managed to be awarded PIP without even having to have a face-to-face meeting but there is a useful group on Facebook, A1 ESA/DLA/PIP Benefit Help and Support UK ONLY, which somebody else on here recommended. Other groups / services also exist.)

As 221B says keep pursuing it.

• The next step is to ask them to carry out what is called a Mandatory Review and then if that is not successful you can go to a Tribunal.

Some people are successful at the Mandatory Review stage but most people have to go to a Tribunal.

I can't remember the current success rate but I seem to remember more people succeed with their Tribunals then fail.

(I was very lucky and managed to be awarded PIP without even having to have a face-to-face meeting but there is a useful group on Facebook, A1 ESA/DLA/PIP Benefit Help and Support UK ONLY, which somebody else on here recommended. Other groups / services also exist.)

As 221B says keep pursuing it.

Children
No Data