Help! My daughter won’t stop “dry humping”!

My 2.5 year old daughter was diagnosed with ASC last year and we’re slowly getting to grips with the challenges this faces us.

One thing that we cannot solve and would appreciate advice on is her constant “dry humping” on our legs, furniture, toys and floor.

We’ve been adviced it’s a sensory thing, and even had her urine checked for any potential infections, which came out all clear.

We’ve tried everything to stop her, including playing with her, taking her away from object/ leg, bathing and iPad with her favourite cartoons, but sometimes she won’t stop!

Sometimes she will make herself sore, but with some Sudocream application this seems to help.

She seems to go in to a real trance when doing it too!

Has anyone else experienced this please? 

Any advice is appreciated!

Parents
  • I’m having the same problem with my autistic girl. She started around 2 year old and still does it (now 5). I feel helpless as I just cannot seem to find anything to replace the same pleasure she obviously gets from humping things!

Im getting so frustrated as there just seems to be no help out there and I feel like I’m avoiding going anywhere incase she does this in front of people (9 times out of 10 she will). I’m hoping someone replies on here with a solution!Disappointed

• I’m having the same problem with my autistic girl. She started around 2 year old and still does it (now 5). I feel helpless as I just cannot seem to find anything to replace the same pleasure she obviously gets from humping things!

Im getting so frustrated as there just seems to be no help out there and I feel like I’m avoiding going anywhere incase she does this in front of people (9 times out of 10 she will). I’m hoping someone replies on here with a solution!Disappointed

Children
No Data