Dark Thoughts - are these something to worry about?

Urgh! First day back at school and DS (14) has earnt himself a two day zone placement (isolation from classes and break times) - he was asked to do a poem about his English teacher (who he really doesn’t like) and it was so dark and evil it was scary! Xxxx should die xxx should die a painful death etc Scream SENDCO have asked to talk to him over the weekend oh which I’ve already done and he’s like “it’s just words in my head, I don’t meant it” - having had a lovely calm boy over the Xmas period and now going back to school we don’t know where to go from here. He’s not a bad kid and even
School have said that but he refuses a lot which gets him into trouble. Anyone experienced this?

Parents
  • Erm, isn't that somehow asking for trouble, that task? Apparently a lot of people have a lot of dark thoughts of that sort. No idea, when I had them (not about killing, just denying help if it were needed really) it worried me a hell lot because I thought the next step would be having thoughts about more active things and possibly acting on them. I tried to talk about this to a counsellor and she couldn't get why it worried me because apparently it's normal. She seemed to have quite dark thoughts about some people too. She was convinced there is a very long distance between the thought and the act. No idea if that's true and if it's also true for everybody, but I hope so, now that I've been told lots of people have that...

• Erm, isn't that somehow asking for trouble, that task? Apparently a lot of people have a lot of dark thoughts of that sort. No idea, when I had them (not about killing, just denying help if it were needed really) it worried me a hell lot because I thought the next step would be having thoughts about more active things and possibly acting on them. I tried to talk about this to a counsellor and she couldn't get why it worried me because apparently it's normal. She seemed to have quite dark thoughts about some people too. She was convinced there is a very long distance between the thought and the act. No idea if that's true and if it's also true for everybody, but I hope so, now that I've been told lots of people have that...

Children
No Data