Not receiving e-mail notifications?

Am I the only one who is not receiving notifications when someone has posted to a thread that they are subscribed to?

Parents
  • Are you now all keep receiving e-mail notifications?

• Are you now all keep receiving e-mail notifications?

Sorry to ask this, but do you mean:

Are you all recieving e-mail notifications?

...or did you mean:

Are you all suddenly recieving them after not getting any for a long time?

...Or did you mean something else?

...For myself, I keep writing this, but: I direct attention to this Thread as Mr.WebPM told me (us). But I do not know about such things myself! If anyone is having trouble with their e-mail notifications, then this is the Thread to specify problems about it. (Emphasis upon the word SPECIFY.)

• I direct attention to this Thread as Mr.WebPM told me (us)

...Same again. Please see the "What happened?" Thread.

This seems to be a current problem hotspot: Missing notifications, Spam, and the "What Happened?" Thread has now reached a length that Posts are missing. I just posted there, but I cannot see my own Post. It appears if I post again, but then will disappear. 

Too many problems....   :-( 

• I don't use email notifications, but presumably it also varies by thread depending on the 'Turn Reply notifications on' setting up the top right of the thread? Sometimes this is done automatically for you, like if you start the conversation, but I'm not sure what the exact rule is.

It sounds like it's worth checking the spam folder too, and if you have an option to mark as 'not spam', use that. Maybe even replying to the info@autism.org.uk address with a test message.

@WebPM I note the sending server (which was down over the weekend) is in the SpamCop blocklist for the last 2 days (as well as RFC Clueless). The first, hitting spamtraps, may be because of unverified signups - if you had access to the mail logs you may be able to work out what happened.

• various discs cracked allowing the inner gel to squeeze out,,,and other bits to note, so had the following day off , then Friday back to work taking it steady

Sorry to hear that.AnguishedAnguished

then silly me on Sunday I decided to stir a cup of tea and bang severe shooting pain in lower back, very dangerous stirring tea

Can you ask someone else to stir the tea for you? Upside down

Hope you can take it easy.

• Hi

Sorry, I have been watching the thread, but I was out of the office yesterday.

I'm not sure that there is much that I can add. (Some) email notifications are coming through, which confirms that the basic configurations are correct, and notifications are going out from our servers. Obviously you can turn notifications on or off on the Notifications tab of your Settings page - but, if you are receiving some notifications for a thread, then you must have the correct setting there.

The most likely possibility remains, in my opinion, that messages are being identified wrongly as potential spam at the receiving end. The problem there is that scoring systems are often used. This can result in the kind of random effect described, whereby one message gets through and others don't (because of the different words in different messages, which lead to different scores). Also, some systems rely on a constantly-changing "reputation" of the sending system, and reject messages while that "reputation" is low.

As I understand it, the same notification (for the same new message) is getting through to some of you and not to others. This is why it seems to me that the cause is more likely to be controlled by the ISPs of those of you who are not receiving messages. Whitelisting the info@autism.org.uk address from which notifications are sent may or may not help - it won't do any harm.

I think I mentioned previously that I have a similar problem with notifications from a quite unrelated forum system that I use at home - different servers, different software, different topics from this one. Notifications will arrive for a day or two, then stop for a week, then start again. I've never solved it, and it is very frustrating, but I am inclined to think that my ISP is the cause.

Regards

• Dear DC how I would very much like to thank you for caring for me. Thank you miss, not sissy or weakling!

sleep well and rest yourself.

x()x.

• To Mr. LoneWarrior: --- Please Re-e-e-est! (And Thanks again.)

To Mr. WebPM: Please Reply, please... (And Thanks if you do.)

(To myself: Hot Weather is coming. Leave off, you sissy weakling girl!)

• Hi friend (DC) yes I should be resting as last Wednesday I was rushed into hospital to A+E...suspected spinal issues,,possible loss of any feeling from the waist down,,,after tests and a scan it turned out not to be cauda equina, potential damage to nerve branch at the base of spine.

But it has shown damage,,,,various discs cracked allowing the inner gel to squeeze out,,,and other bits to note, so had the following day off , then Friday back to work taking it steady.

then silly me on Sunday I decided to stir a cup of tea and bang severe shooting pain in lower back, very dangerous stirring tea, 

went to work Monday but struggled, today Tuesday back to doctors for tests,,,work tomorrow,,,,so very busy week,,,

onwards and upwards, it never rains but pours, 

x()x

• Just noticed when comparing the email copy and the Original post reply,,,the user name is NAS 37947 on the email copy and “possibly autistic” on the original?

I highlighted the date and time in the original just to check it was the same as the email date.

• "take care x()x"... 

I would really like to help with this EMail business, but I cannot. As I said upon the other "What Happened?" Thread, I hope WebPM says something.

...Glad to hear from your good self, of course. But for me, summer is still approaching. And for yourself -and Mr. MartianTom - hey-ho, you are both supposed to be resting? Please for Keeping those wits sharp! 

:-D

• Hi DC I saw you had replied on the “what happened thread”,,,I had a new notification up above,,,but I cannot your reply when going there via the notification, 

Very strange only tw email notifications on Sunday for me,,,,,

This is screen captured email of one it is one from a thread I was watching, the other I won’t post here it was a PM notification,,,I had already seen it in PM and that was a day before.

take care x()x

• Hi DC I saw you had replied on the “what happened thread”,,,I had a new notification up above,,,but I cannot your reply when going there via the notification, 

Very strange only tw email notifications on Sunday for me,,,,,

This is screen captured email of one it is one from a thread I was watching, the other I won’t post here it was a PM notification,,,I had already seen it in PM and that was a day before.

take care x()x

Children
  • I don't use email notifications, but presumably it also varies by thread depending on the 'Turn Reply notifications on' setting up the top right of the thread? Sometimes this is done automatically for you, like if you start the conversation, but I'm not sure what the exact rule is.

It sounds like it's worth checking the spam folder too, and if you have an option to mark as 'not spam', use that. Maybe even replying to the info@autism.org.uk address with a test message.

@WebPM I note the sending server (which was down over the weekend) is in the SpamCop blocklist for the last 2 days (as well as RFC Clueless). The first, hitting spamtraps, may be because of unverified signups - if you had access to the mail logs you may be able to work out what happened.

• various discs cracked allowing the inner gel to squeeze out,,,and other bits to note, so had the following day off , then Friday back to work taking it steady

Sorry to hear that.AnguishedAnguished

then silly me on Sunday I decided to stir a cup of tea and bang severe shooting pain in lower back, very dangerous stirring tea

Can you ask someone else to stir the tea for you? Upside down

Hope you can take it easy.

• Hi

Sorry, I have been watching the thread, but I was out of the office yesterday.

I'm not sure that there is much that I can add. (Some) email notifications are coming through, which confirms that the basic configurations are correct, and notifications are going out from our servers. Obviously you can turn notifications on or off on the Notifications tab of your Settings page - but, if you are receiving some notifications for a thread, then you must have the correct setting there.

The most likely possibility remains, in my opinion, that messages are being identified wrongly as potential spam at the receiving end. The problem there is that scoring systems are often used. This can result in the kind of random effect described, whereby one message gets through and others don't (because of the different words in different messages, which lead to different scores). Also, some systems rely on a constantly-changing "reputation" of the sending system, and reject messages while that "reputation" is low.

As I understand it, the same notification (for the same new message) is getting through to some of you and not to others. This is why it seems to me that the cause is more likely to be controlled by the ISPs of those of you who are not receiving messages. Whitelisting the info@autism.org.uk address from which notifications are sent may or may not help - it won't do any harm.

I think I mentioned previously that I have a similar problem with notifications from a quite unrelated forum system that I use at home - different servers, different software, different topics from this one. Notifications will arrive for a day or two, then stop for a week, then start again. I've never solved it, and it is very frustrating, but I am inclined to think that my ISP is the cause.

Regards

• Dear DC how I would very much like to thank you for caring for me. Thank you miss, not sissy or weakling!

sleep well and rest yourself.

x()x.

• To Mr. LoneWarrior: --- Please Re-e-e-est! (And Thanks again.)

To Mr. WebPM: Please Reply, please... (And Thanks if you do.)

(To myself: Hot Weather is coming. Leave off, you sissy weakling girl!)

• Hi friend (DC) yes I should be resting as last Wednesday I was rushed into hospital to A+E...suspected spinal issues,,possible loss of any feeling from the waist down,,,after tests and a scan it turned out not to be cauda equina, potential damage to nerve branch at the base of spine.

But it has shown damage,,,,various discs cracked allowing the inner gel to squeeze out,,,and other bits to note, so had the following day off , then Friday back to work taking it steady.

then silly me on Sunday I decided to stir a cup of tea and bang severe shooting pain in lower back, very dangerous stirring tea, 

went to work Monday but struggled, today Tuesday back to doctors for tests,,,work tomorrow,,,,so very busy week,,,

onwards and upwards, it never rains but pours, 

x()x

• Just noticed when comparing the email copy and the Original post reply,,,the user name is NAS 37947 on the email copy and “possibly autistic” on the original?

I highlighted the date and time in the original just to check it was the same as the email date.

• "take care x()x"... 

I would really like to help with this EMail business, but I cannot. As I said upon the other "What Happened?" Thread, I hope WebPM says something.

...Glad to hear from your good self, of course. But for me, summer is still approaching. And for yourself -and Mr. MartianTom - hey-ho, you are both supposed to be resting? Please for Keeping those wits sharp! 

:-D