BRAINWAVES...and AUTISM.

NEW THREAD - Title: BRAINWAVES ...AND AUTISM.

This following, was printed in:
Asperger United, Edition 83, July 2015. (Page 10 (10-ish).)

"Brain waves are listed in order from sleeping to waking as beta, alpha, theta and delta. Beta being the waking state and alpha the state in which all children (and all animals) are in. Consider the proposal that autism is a brain which has more conscious connections to the alpha state, which is why the more "SEVERE" it is, the more childlike or sensitive the person is. Neurotypicals are "successful" beta people, while persons like me, with Asperger's syndrome, are highly beta, ..."

After that, it was mentioned again, in one-or-two later issues of AU... but still no-one responded to that EXACT topic (Brainwaves + Autism). So I (try to) invite opinions HERE.

There are "Links" to "prove" this matter, if the links given below still work:

psychcentral.com/.../100436.html

www.sciencedirect.com/.../S1877042815002347

みんあ: がんばって 下さい,な...

Parents
  • Neurotypicals are "successful" beta people, while persons like me, with Asperger's syndrome, are highly beta, ...".......but are we highly successful? What is your perception of what is lacking....or is it the notion of success that needs further classification....? Is success of self the act of being able to be that self in tune to the beat of the world around them?

i have been reading about something termed as Highly Sensitive People and also has a lot of synergies with ASD...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201609/9-common-traits-highly-sensitive-people

These are highly sensitivised individual and very empathic and are of the world around them....with my ASD hat....that fits for me....I am hungrily processing the world that I don’t kind of “get”.

• I asked  a clinician about MRI scans. The brief answer was that the researchers would be years if not decades unravelling the evidence because almost all folks on or near the spectrum have multiple comorbidities to heavily complicate matters. Wonder what Mr Packham's 'cure' person in the USA would say to that? No doubt you can accurately pinpoint stuff, but how do you know if it is actually being of any real use with all those comorbidity interactions going on.

• very true....as Winston Churchill said

"It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma;"

• To ElephantInTheRoom primarily.
    I omitted the end of my original quotation, and did not quote the ENTIRE letter, because the rest of it broaches subjects which I did not want to discuss here (in this particular "thread").

But this is the rest of that particular paragraph:

... "Neurotypicals are "successful" beta people, while persons like me, with Asperger's syndrome, are highly beta, but will still run away very fast from a small child who decides to start throwing stones or the f-word at me."

I omitted that last part, because I I did NOT want to start to discuss the topics of "small children", or "throwing stones", or especially "the f-word".

Perhaps yet another NEW forum(s) warrants such topics:

- How children react to Autistic Adults.
    - Being bullied by children because you are Autistic.
    - How do AUTISTIC ADULTS react to other people (adults or children)?

Please do feel free, anyone, to start such threads, if you are interested... but I myself shall not, because it is a digression from *this* thread's topic of BRAINWAVES + AUTISM... and also it brings up far too many other points of contention. The fact that BRAINWAVES + AUTISM was constantly ignored, is, as I say, the reason for my attempting to re-introduce that EXACT topic here.

( To ElephantInTheRoom especially: Concerning the "highly sensitive" topic... that, too, should also warrant a "NEW thread", yet, is also not to do with "Brainwaves". I DID click the link and I did read the article, and I identified with all of it except 'being HANGRY (hungry + angry).' All of the other subjects which it suggests are very good, and if you started a new thread simply about THAT ONE ARTICLE (!)... I would wager that you might at least achieve that "Discussion Starter Achievement" award which NAS likes to hand out. I again suppose that I myself could start it, but all of this is "stressful" for me to do, and as I said, I most of all prefer to focus upon the subject of BRAINWAVES. (Alpha and Beta.) Hope you understand, and sorry to confuse/sorry to disappoint anyone (Delete As Applicable).)
    やれやれ...

• To ElephantInTheRoom primarily.
    I omitted the end of my original quotation, and did not quote the ENTIRE letter, because the rest of it broaches subjects which I did not want to discuss here (in this particular "thread").

But this is the rest of that particular paragraph:

... "Neurotypicals are "successful" beta people, while persons like me, with Asperger's syndrome, are highly beta, but will still run away very fast from a small child who decides to start throwing stones or the f-word at me."

I omitted that last part, because I I did NOT want to start to discuss the topics of "small children", or "throwing stones", or especially "the f-word".

Perhaps yet another NEW forum(s) warrants such topics:

- How children react to Autistic Adults.
    - Being bullied by children because you are Autistic.
    - How do AUTISTIC ADULTS react to other people (adults or children)?

Please do feel free, anyone, to start such threads, if you are interested... but I myself shall not, because it is a digression from *this* thread's topic of BRAINWAVES + AUTISM... and also it brings up far too many other points of contention. The fact that BRAINWAVES + AUTISM was constantly ignored, is, as I say, the reason for my attempting to re-introduce that EXACT topic here.

( To ElephantInTheRoom especially: Concerning the "highly sensitive" topic... that, too, should also warrant a "NEW thread", yet, is also not to do with "Brainwaves". I DID click the link and I did read the article, and I identified with all of it except 'being HANGRY (hungry + angry).' All of the other subjects which it suggests are very good, and if you started a new thread simply about THAT ONE ARTICLE (!)... I would wager that you might at least achieve that "Discussion Starter Achievement" award which NAS likes to hand out. I again suppose that I myself could start it, but all of this is "stressful" for me to do, and as I said, I most of all prefer to focus upon the subject of BRAINWAVES. (Alpha and Beta.) Hope you understand, and sorry to confuse/sorry to disappoint anyone (Delete As Applicable).)
    やれやれ...

Children
No Data