Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • In terms of my personal history, I have mixed feelings about the 11 plus, which I sat in 1972.  I was only one of two who passed in my school for that year - and the other boy went to a different grammar school.  This was really the start of my social isolation; I lost all the friends I'd made at primary school (they all attended the same secondary school together) and I didn't make any new ones at the grammar school until I was 16.

On the other hand, I did well academically at the grammar school and went to university.  I just never got a decent job anywhere and ended up in patchy, low-paid employment, self-employment and long bouts of unemployment until I was able to give up with work completely at the age of 46.

At eleven, I was also offered a place at a posh private school, but my parents allowed me to decline it.  Just attending the exam and interviews at the private school made me think I wouldn't be able to cope; in particular, I was horrified by the prospect of compulsory sports at weekends!  But the interviewing schoolmaster seemed to like me, despite the fact I tried to exit his study via a broom cupboard.  (Does anyone else share my hopeless sense of direction when leaving unfamiliar rooms!?)

I've been told by people who did attend that private school that they were actually very good at nurturing oddballs and encouraging unusual interests.  So I guess it would either have made me or broken me... I'll never know.

• In terms of my personal history, I have mixed feelings about the 11 plus, which I sat in 1972.  I was only one of two who passed in my school for that year - and the other boy went to a different grammar school.  This was really the start of my social isolation; I lost all the friends I'd made at primary school (they all attended the same secondary school together) and I didn't make any new ones at the grammar school until I was 16.

On the other hand, I did well academically at the grammar school and went to university.  I just never got a decent job anywhere and ended up in patchy, low-paid employment, self-employment and long bouts of unemployment until I was able to give up with work completely at the age of 46.

At eleven, I was also offered a place at a posh private school, but my parents allowed me to decline it.  Just attending the exam and interviews at the private school made me think I wouldn't be able to cope; in particular, I was horrified by the prospect of compulsory sports at weekends!  But the interviewing schoolmaster seemed to like me, despite the fact I tried to exit his study via a broom cupboard.  (Does anyone else share my hopeless sense of direction when leaving unfamiliar rooms!?)

I've been told by people who did attend that private school that they were actually very good at nurturing oddballs and encouraging unusual interests.  So I guess it would either have made me or broken me... I'll never know.

Children
No Data