Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • StephenHarris said:
    What do you mean? She published her first article in 1981.

In an obscure academic journal that teachers and GPs don't read - or even know of its existence. Nobody appeared to follow up on the article either judging by the lack of references to it.

Lorna Wing did nothing to raise awareness of AS amongst the teaching community or wider society by writing articles for mainstream publications that ordinary people read.

AS only became public knowledge after Uta Frith translated Hans Asperger's article into English in the early 1990s. Effectively a parallel development to the work of Lorna Wing.

Just try finding somebody who was diagnosed with AS in the 1980s who HASN'T personally met Lorna Wing or her close circle of associates.

• StephenHarris said:
    What do you mean? She published her first article in 1981.

In an obscure academic journal that teachers and GPs don't read - or even know of its existence. Nobody appeared to follow up on the article either judging by the lack of references to it.

Lorna Wing did nothing to raise awareness of AS amongst the teaching community or wider society by writing articles for mainstream publications that ordinary people read.

AS only became public knowledge after Uta Frith translated Hans Asperger's article into English in the early 1990s. Effectively a parallel development to the work of Lorna Wing.

Just try finding somebody who was diagnosed with AS in the 1980s who HASN'T personally met Lorna Wing or her close circle of associates.

Children
No Data