Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • NAS15840 said:
    There is a huge problem with that, it's why the changes taking place to the league tables will help though, getting a child from B to A, or C to B will be just as valuable as getting a child from D to C in terms of rankings.

Ending this C grade mediocrity that has blighted state schools for many years is a step in the right direction but it doesn't do anything to put an end to schools obsessing with academics at the expense of everything else. 

I think it's one of the major benefits of grammar schools, they are there for the more able children, those who can achieve to a higher level are given the chance to and activly encouraged to flourish.

But do they provide support for SEN? Many independent schools do not want students with SEN, especially ASD, or provide any help or support with it. Will grammar schools follow in their footsteps?

• NAS15840 said:
    There is a huge problem with that, it's why the changes taking place to the league tables will help though, getting a child from B to A, or C to B will be just as valuable as getting a child from D to C in terms of rankings.

Ending this C grade mediocrity that has blighted state schools for many years is a step in the right direction but it doesn't do anything to put an end to schools obsessing with academics at the expense of everything else. 

I think it's one of the major benefits of grammar schools, they are there for the more able children, those who can achieve to a higher level are given the chance to and activly encouraged to flourish.

But do they provide support for SEN? Many independent schools do not want students with SEN, especially ASD, or provide any help or support with it. Will grammar schools follow in their footsteps?

Children
No Data