Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • NAS15840 said:
    ASD is medically correct in effect Asperger’s is just higher functioning autism, but the same token Autism could be regarded as lower functioning or high impairment Asperger’s.

I think using such terms just gives an excuse for ignoring any needs we have.  'Lower functionighg' tends to give peopNTsle an excuse for ignoring any skills someone may have and forget what they may be capable of.  'High functioning' gives NTs an excuse to ignore needs someone may have.  And then to say someone has something like 'high impairment but high functioning autism' would simply confuse everyone.

Such terms are put into place by those who want to 'divide and conquer'.  They make people fight amongst themselves, suggesting that someone is not as worthy of help as someone else, or that their needs will have to be put to the back while help is concentrated on another group. 

The result of this is very little at all is done to help anyone.

• NAS15840 said:
    ASD is medically correct in effect Asperger’s is just higher functioning autism, but the same token Autism could be regarded as lower functioning or high impairment Asperger’s.

I think using such terms just gives an excuse for ignoring any needs we have.  'Lower functionighg' tends to give peopNTsle an excuse for ignoring any skills someone may have and forget what they may be capable of.  'High functioning' gives NTs an excuse to ignore needs someone may have.  And then to say someone has something like 'high impairment but high functioning autism' would simply confuse everyone.

Such terms are put into place by those who want to 'divide and conquer'.  They make people fight amongst themselves, suggesting that someone is not as worthy of help as someone else, or that their needs will have to be put to the back while help is concentrated on another group. 

The result of this is very little at all is done to help anyone.

Children
No Data