Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • I can only find evidence of NAS spending on 'education'. Of course that isn't even education in the legal use of the word. That's education in the state sponsored form of schools. For example those wishing to home educate their child can currently be told to get lost. As money set aside for education is only accessible via school. Despite the fact the law doesn't even dictate that education must take place in school, with teachers etc.

The spectrum is so diverse. It includes those who can function with some adjustments & those who can't even cope with daily living. Professionals don't help by labelling Asperger's as high functioning. This implies that the person can function well & won't be severely affected. Yet in my case I can't even function in my flat, I have sensory overload every few hours from normal day to day things. I can't even think of going out. And after my diagnosis I was just abandoned by professionals. It was as if they were given a green card to assume I'm not affected.

I rarely went out as a child, only to school to be bullied daily. I went to a training college &  had a few short lived jobs in my 20s. The worst time in my life. I was blackmailed by my mother who charged me rent & I couldn't get any benefits. Because I was forced to conform & suffered in severe distress through it all, I wrongly present as someone who is able to function. Professionals won't accept the difficulties I have just doing day-to-day things. And I've never even been asked if I have any difficulties. When my GP did a report for my benefit claim a few years ago, she did it without even telling me. And just put that I can walk, take care of my day to day living etc. They just assume all is well, even if they've been informed via letters that it's not.

There isn't even any support from my GP. They demand I go in to see them or speak via phone. All things I can't do! And citizens advice demand this too. So I've been unable to access them. There are no welfare rights officers where I live. My local authority has never let me have a social worker for myself. Though they have sent one for my child, who abused me. They only offer adult social care assessment, claiming if eligible they will provide a budget. But it turns out that budget is just your own DLA. Which they just want to take. My DLA was stopped by DWP when I couldn't get to an assessment in April 2016, so I couldn't even do that anyway.

The system is far too harsh now. Not everyone who seems 'normal' can function. This system is the reason I'm now sat in a filthy soiled blanked from my last blackout & no GP will even see me. I have no money to regularly change my bedding, buy a washing machine or pain relief. Of course I know if everyone didn't work the country would collapse. But I literally can't work. And I'm being charged a lot for natural resources such a fish/heat/water, all things that nature decided should be free. All land & resources raped from nature by the state, polluted then sold to us.

• I can only find evidence of NAS spending on 'education'. Of course that isn't even education in the legal use of the word. That's education in the state sponsored form of schools. For example those wishing to home educate their child can currently be told to get lost. As money set aside for education is only accessible via school. Despite the fact the law doesn't even dictate that education must take place in school, with teachers etc.

The spectrum is so diverse. It includes those who can function with some adjustments & those who can't even cope with daily living. Professionals don't help by labelling Asperger's as high functioning. This implies that the person can function well & won't be severely affected. Yet in my case I can't even function in my flat, I have sensory overload every few hours from normal day to day things. I can't even think of going out. And after my diagnosis I was just abandoned by professionals. It was as if they were given a green card to assume I'm not affected.

I rarely went out as a child, only to school to be bullied daily. I went to a training college &  had a few short lived jobs in my 20s. The worst time in my life. I was blackmailed by my mother who charged me rent & I couldn't get any benefits. Because I was forced to conform & suffered in severe distress through it all, I wrongly present as someone who is able to function. Professionals won't accept the difficulties I have just doing day-to-day things. And I've never even been asked if I have any difficulties. When my GP did a report for my benefit claim a few years ago, she did it without even telling me. And just put that I can walk, take care of my day to day living etc. They just assume all is well, even if they've been informed via letters that it's not.

There isn't even any support from my GP. They demand I go in to see them or speak via phone. All things I can't do! And citizens advice demand this too. So I've been unable to access them. There are no welfare rights officers where I live. My local authority has never let me have a social worker for myself. Though they have sent one for my child, who abused me. They only offer adult social care assessment, claiming if eligible they will provide a budget. But it turns out that budget is just your own DLA. Which they just want to take. My DLA was stopped by DWP when I couldn't get to an assessment in April 2016, so I couldn't even do that anyway.

The system is far too harsh now. Not everyone who seems 'normal' can function. This system is the reason I'm now sat in a filthy soiled blanked from my last blackout & no GP will even see me. I have no money to regularly change my bedding, buy a washing machine or pain relief. Of course I know if everyone didn't work the country would collapse. But I literally can't work. And I'm being charged a lot for natural resources such a fish/heat/water, all things that nature decided should be free. All land & resources raped from nature by the state, polluted then sold to us.

Children
No Data