Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • I find it deeply questionable that charities should (be allowed to?) act as government service providers. If the government is willing to spend money on ASD then it should do so through it's own institutions like the NHS and state schools rather than through charities. Therefore the function of the NAS would be to act in an advisory capacity to the government and its institutions about ASD but not actually provide any frontline services itself.

My own cynical belief is that:

1. Providing government services through a charity is a way of circumventing Freedom of Information because it only applies to government institutions and charities are exempt from FOI requests.

2. The NAS prefers the status quo because otherwise there would be less money for six-figure salaries of it's senior officers and to spend on glitzy events.

• I find it deeply questionable that charities should (be allowed to?) act as government service providers. If the government is willing to spend money on ASD then it should do so through it's own institutions like the NHS and state schools rather than through charities. Therefore the function of the NAS would be to act in an advisory capacity to the government and its institutions about ASD but not actually provide any frontline services itself.

My own cynical belief is that:

1. Providing government services through a charity is a way of circumventing Freedom of Information because it only applies to government institutions and charities are exempt from FOI requests.

2. The NAS prefers the status quo because otherwise there would be less money for six-figure salaries of it's senior officers and to spend on glitzy events.

Children
No Data