Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • If NAS are receiving millions from government then they must be getting it to perform government duties. They are working for gov & not for us. Such as trying to get more of us into work. Giving the money with strings attached means it can't be used for other purposes. Because NAS is a charity people assume it will be given to those who need it most. When in reality it probably goes to those who can provide the best return such as education/ work, so government will get a return on it. The more who are forced into work with autism, the more it's being ignored as a debilitating condition. DWP don't even accept that autism could prevent someone getting to ATOS offices. And they scrap our benefits. There's much less help to fight for needed benefits. Help to access benefits is still only in the form of charities, who can refuse to help. Even though benefits are needed to survive! Help to access benefits should be mandatory. People can live without a job, but not without money!

• If NAS are receiving millions from government then they must be getting it to perform government duties. They are working for gov & not for us. Such as trying to get more of us into work. Giving the money with strings attached means it can't be used for other purposes. Because NAS is a charity people assume it will be given to those who need it most. When in reality it probably goes to those who can provide the best return such as education/ work, so government will get a return on it. The more who are forced into work with autism, the more it's being ignored as a debilitating condition. DWP don't even accept that autism could prevent someone getting to ATOS offices. And they scrap our benefits. There's much less help to fight for needed benefits. Help to access benefits is still only in the form of charities, who can refuse to help. Even though benefits are needed to survive! Help to access benefits should be mandatory. People can live without a job, but not without money!

Children
No Data