Why nothing for us!!!!

It really annoys me, my brother has CMT and there is a weekend expecally for him and he found his gf there who also has CMT.

I have High functioning Autisim and there is nothing for us, no weekend meetup that takes place every year. Wouldn't it be great if we could atcually have something like that, i might of met a girl if that had happened

Parents
  • In that case the NAS should just be honest, come clean, and get off the AS and other high-functioning ASD bandwagon altogether by reverting to its roots and concentrating on providing services for a small number of people at the more severe end of the spectrum who require residential care services or children who fit the criteria for NAS run schools rather than playing a cruel game of deceit and deception by superficially making claims that they are also for people with AS and other high-functioning ASD.

As a person who has experienced the near total uselessness of the NAS for people with AS and other high-functioning ASD, and how they are useless because of their desire to chase public money to spend on completely different people, then my perception of the NAS is that they are one step away from a charlatan or a con-artist. Yes, it really is that bad.

It breaks my heart to find a child or adult with AS and other high-functioning ASD referred to the NAS by the NHS or the education system when there are often more suitable and effective organisations out there for them. Has the NAS entered into some agreement with the NHS or the education system to be its sole provider for ALL types of ASD?

A high proportion of people who come to my local AS support group have only done so after a disappointing experience with the NAS rather than directly.

• In that case the NAS should just be honest, come clean, and get off the AS and other high-functioning ASD bandwagon altogether by reverting to its roots and concentrating on providing services for a small number of people at the more severe end of the spectrum who require residential care services or children who fit the criteria for NAS run schools rather than playing a cruel game of deceit and deception by superficially making claims that they are also for people with AS and other high-functioning ASD.

As a person who has experienced the near total uselessness of the NAS for people with AS and other high-functioning ASD, and how they are useless because of their desire to chase public money to spend on completely different people, then my perception of the NAS is that they are one step away from a charlatan or a con-artist. Yes, it really is that bad.

It breaks my heart to find a child or adult with AS and other high-functioning ASD referred to the NAS by the NHS or the education system when there are often more suitable and effective organisations out there for them. Has the NAS entered into some agreement with the NHS or the education system to be its sole provider for ALL types of ASD?

A high proportion of people who come to my local AS support group have only done so after a disappointing experience with the NAS rather than directly.

Children
No Data