Visualisations of autism

My name Is Michelle and I am a student at the University of Gloucestershire, studying Illustration. My project I am doing is focusing on six different disorders/ illness's (such as autism, depression, anxiety ADHD, Bipolar and tourettes) I am focusing on autism at the moment and would greatly appreciate any help any of you can give me. I personally was born with Aspergus syndrome, so I am sympathetic to people out there like me.

Its quite hard finding people with autism to help me with this project but I was hoping some of you could. What I need is for maybe two or three of you to individually tell me what autism would be like as a creature and I'll draw it. What you picture it as. Then I will bring it back to here and show you if possible and ask if that's what you meant. I will keep doing it until you are happy with it. I can even put fake names on the research project if you are uncomfortable with having your real name or screen name shown. 

Someone please help me ^_^ thanks so much. Michelle

Parents
  • artist just popping in said:

So what would you say these creatures surrounding the person would look like?

I suppose the NT 'creatures' would look pretty much like people - except that they would have exagerrated expressions or features to emphasise their particular charecteristic.  Manic looking, snooty, 'superior' but really showing underneath just how inferior they really are.  So while the ASD is enjoying the simple pleasures, or adding to his knowledge of whatever his interest happens to be, the NTs are rushing round, panicking, and getting no satisfaction from what they are doing.

But I have neither the skill nor the imagination to describe it properly.  But in my mind there is an indescribable picture of what this would look like while at the same time I don't really know ... but my mind can see it perfectly.  A strange feeling I get when trying to imagine things, I can't describe it, I don't know what is there but I can see it perfectly.  Or perhaps I can't.  I'm confusing myself now!

• artist just popping in said:

So what would you say these creatures surrounding the person would look like?

I suppose the NT 'creatures' would look pretty much like people - except that they would have exagerrated expressions or features to emphasise their particular charecteristic.  Manic looking, snooty, 'superior' but really showing underneath just how inferior they really are.  So while the ASD is enjoying the simple pleasures, or adding to his knowledge of whatever his interest happens to be, the NTs are rushing round, panicking, and getting no satisfaction from what they are doing.

But I have neither the skill nor the imagination to describe it properly.  But in my mind there is an indescribable picture of what this would look like while at the same time I don't really know ... but my mind can see it perfectly.  A strange feeling I get when trying to imagine things, I can't describe it, I don't know what is there but I can see it perfectly.  Or perhaps I can't.  I'm confusing myself now!

Children
No Data