Gambling - help, turn into something else

Hello, my friend has Aspergers. He started gambling quite a long time ago, however this has gone out of control lately, because he has been borrowing too much money. I was just wondering if someone would have any ideas I could recommend for him to try, instead of gambling. I was wondering if would it be possible to shift the things he likes in gambling into another activity.

He likes that he is completely focused on one thing, the adrenalin rush, the understandong of the features of different websites and the details of the game.

Does someone have any ideas that might be benefitial for him?

thank you

Parents
  • I am fighting this every day and now have been just over a year bet free! It’s very tough and I find I have moments that are easier than others but I’m very aware how much a problem it gets for me. I play lot lots of other games to try and fill that gap and it just about works but I have moments where I am close to really wanting to go again.

i enjoyed betting on sports and justified how much I would spend as I don’t really go out or spend money on things other people would .. it was when I got the free spins or bets for other games I would then end up down that dangerous path. I got into lots of debt and had to permanently ban myself from any form of online gambling. 

it’s been particularly tough the last few weeks with sport starting again and feeling the itch to want to bet. I know it’s a slippery slope when I do look to make a bet so I’m doing my upmost to stay away.

any other ideas I’d be keen to hear as the games do tick a box in some sense but it isn’t quite the same and I have to keep very busy to keep my mind off it.

• thank you very much for sharing your story.

Reply Children
No Data