Urinating on bedroom carpet and clothes really need some advice please

Hi, I am new here and was told about this site at my partners daughters assessment yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had or is still having a problem with their child/children urinating on clothes or floor, she is 14 and has been doing this for the last few months, and always has the same answer that she forgot to go to the toilet. Me and my partner really have no clue how to solve what she has started to do, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • My son went through a stage of urinating on the carpet, whenever he felt like it mostly. He did this at home and at a respite centre that he attended. For him it was more of a sensory issue, either the sight or the sound. We removed all the carpets from where he would go at home and he seemed to stop. The respite centre used carpet tiles and would remove badly marked ones and he also stopped there. This was around the time of puberty also. I think there can be so many reasons for this, from anxiety to sensory. I guess the fact that some urinate on clothes too makes it harder to remove things. 

• My son went through a stage of urinating on the carpet, whenever he felt like it mostly. He did this at home and at a respite centre that he attended. For him it was more of a sensory issue, either the sight or the sound. We removed all the carpets from where he would go at home and he seemed to stop. The respite centre used carpet tiles and would remove badly marked ones and he also stopped there. This was around the time of puberty also. I think there can be so many reasons for this, from anxiety to sensory. I guess the fact that some urinate on clothes too makes it harder to remove things. 

Children
No Data