Urinating on bedroom carpet and clothes really need some advice please

Hi, I am new here and was told about this site at my partners daughters assessment yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had or is still having a problem with their child/children urinating on clothes or floor, she is 14 and has been doing this for the last few months, and always has the same answer that she forgot to go to the toilet. Me and my partner really have no clue how to solve what she has started to do, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi Hope,

Thankyou for getting in touch with me,,  I can see why you would of done this through being anxious, sounded like a comfort thing for you knowing your bladder was empty. My daughter has no worries about disturbing me or her father when she needs to use the loo, and doesnt seem at all anxious about going to the loo, she just goes when she needs to except for the bedroom wetting that she is doing. We have also told our daughter the outcomes of doing this, such as the smell it leaves and that it isnt good for her health to be sleeping in a room that smells of wee and her clothes and belongings should mean alot to her. It is as if she is hearing it for the first time when we say she shouldnt do it,,no need to be embarrassed flower I know it is a sensitive subject but we all need to learn about other people in order to help ourselves sometimes.

• Hi Hope,

Thankyou for getting in touch with me,,  I can see why you would of done this through being anxious, sounded like a comfort thing for you knowing your bladder was empty. My daughter has no worries about disturbing me or her father when she needs to use the loo, and doesnt seem at all anxious about going to the loo, she just goes when she needs to except for the bedroom wetting that she is doing. We have also told our daughter the outcomes of doing this, such as the smell it leaves and that it isnt good for her health to be sleeping in a room that smells of wee and her clothes and belongings should mean alot to her. It is as if she is hearing it for the first time when we say she shouldnt do it,,no need to be embarrassed flower I know it is a sensitive subject but we all need to learn about other people in order to help ourselves sometimes.

Children
No Data