Urinating on bedroom carpet and clothes really need some advice please

Hi, I am new here and was told about this site at my partners daughters assessment yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had or is still having a problem with their child/children urinating on clothes or floor, she is 14 and has been doing this for the last few months, and always has the same answer that she forgot to go to the toilet. Me and my partner really have no clue how to solve what she has started to do, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi,

I am 24 years old, I have high-functioning asperger's. I have in the past urinated on my carpet in my bedroom, always at night-time. The reason being that I don't want to walk to the toilet and disturb my parents. Sometimes I get very anxious at bed-time and I get obsessive about the need to ensure my bladder is completely empty, and I ritually drink a glass of water or two before I go to bed, a routine that I find hard to stop. I cannot sleep unless my bladder is completely empty, but I don't want my parents to make a fuss about my frequent trips to the bathroom, so I either wet my bedclothes or wet the floor. I have not done this for a good two years now because my parents gave me a good talking to, but I still keep on going to the loo at night-time whenever I have high anxiety. Is your daughter very anxious? . I think you are right in thinking that it might be because she does not want to stop her activities; this happens to me sometimes too.

My parents told me that the wetness could rot the floorboards, and I had visions in my head of the bed falling through the ceiling!. So out of fear I stopped wetting the floor. I have never disclosed this aspect of myself to my aquaintances or wider family because it is quite an embarrassing sensitive subject, and like your daughter I know it is wrong and not nice, but at the time I still did it.

• Hi,

I am 24 years old, I have high-functioning asperger's. I have in the past urinated on my carpet in my bedroom, always at night-time. The reason being that I don't want to walk to the toilet and disturb my parents. Sometimes I get very anxious at bed-time and I get obsessive about the need to ensure my bladder is completely empty, and I ritually drink a glass of water or two before I go to bed, a routine that I find hard to stop. I cannot sleep unless my bladder is completely empty, but I don't want my parents to make a fuss about my frequent trips to the bathroom, so I either wet my bedclothes or wet the floor. I have not done this for a good two years now because my parents gave me a good talking to, but I still keep on going to the loo at night-time whenever I have high anxiety. Is your daughter very anxious? . I think you are right in thinking that it might be because she does not want to stop her activities; this happens to me sometimes too.

My parents told me that the wetness could rot the floorboards, and I had visions in my head of the bed falling through the ceiling!. So out of fear I stopped wetting the floor. I have never disclosed this aspect of myself to my aquaintances or wider family because it is quite an embarrassing sensitive subject, and like your daughter I know it is wrong and not nice, but at the time I still did it.

Children
No Data