Urinating on bedroom carpet and clothes really need some advice please

Hi, I am new here and was told about this site at my partners daughters assessment yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had or is still having a problem with their child/children urinating on clothes or floor, she is 14 and has been doing this for the last few months, and always has the same answer that she forgot to go to the toilet. Me and my partner really have no clue how to solve what she has started to do, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi Birdalone, Thanks for your reply,, I should of said that my step daughter uses the bathroom with no problems, the lighting doesnt bother her, and she uses the toilet when she is downstairs,, but it is when she is in her room that she has started to do this, as the bathroom is downstairs. She has only started to do this in the last few months, so knows she shouldnt be doing it but I am kind of thinking its either because she has seen animals do it on tv, as some do,, or just because when she is playing in her room she doesnt want to stop what she is doing just to go to the toilet, Also she puts clothes or whatever is to hand on the floor before she wees on them, so she must know she is needing the toilet, as she would just wee there and then without making a kind of bedding to do it on. She understands fully what she is doing is wrong but just has the same answer everytime I find it's happened again. There isnt anyhting to over stimulate her in the house,  I have tried to get her to go to the loo just on the off chance that she will need a wee but she always says she doesnt need to go.and obviously I cant make her. She is on the Autistic spectrum and is behind in mental age for her 14 years but also comprehends right from wrong,,,thankyou so much for giving me some ideas on what I could try,,thankyou.

• Hi Birdalone, Thanks for your reply,, I should of said that my step daughter uses the bathroom with no problems, the lighting doesnt bother her, and she uses the toilet when she is downstairs,, but it is when she is in her room that she has started to do this, as the bathroom is downstairs. She has only started to do this in the last few months, so knows she shouldnt be doing it but I am kind of thinking its either because she has seen animals do it on tv, as some do,, or just because when she is playing in her room she doesnt want to stop what she is doing just to go to the toilet, Also she puts clothes or whatever is to hand on the floor before she wees on them, so she must know she is needing the toilet, as she would just wee there and then without making a kind of bedding to do it on. She understands fully what she is doing is wrong but just has the same answer everytime I find it's happened again. There isnt anyhting to over stimulate her in the house,  I have tried to get her to go to the loo just on the off chance that she will need a wee but she always says she doesnt need to go.and obviously I cant make her. She is on the Autistic spectrum and is behind in mental age for her 14 years but also comprehends right from wrong,,,thankyou so much for giving me some ideas on what I could try,,thankyou.

Children
No Data