tips on how to deal with psoriasis

I have some tips on how to deal with it, anyone have any? I’m not sure if psoriasis is linked with AS or Autism but I have heard from some it does.

I find food and stress have no big effect but the biggest one for me is harsh chemicals such as soaps. I have went to the doctor and he provided me with Alphosyl 2 in 1 shampoo and it is horrible, it burns my face so looked into others and I found Dead Sea Spa Magik Mineral Shampoo from holland and barrett it that stuff is amazing, I also use there sea salt but can get it in Tesco but it is dearer.

I have been provided a cream/soap called Dermol 500 by the doctor, which is very nice to use but don’t bother to use to wash your hair as it doesn’t spread as nicely as the Spa Magik Mineral Shampoo. I also buy coconut oil for my face it helps with appearance of flakes. You can buy it the good raw stuff at holland and barrett.

BUT! For any youngsters (or the older ones getting rid of grey hair) wanting to dye their hair you are taking a BIG risk! I dyed my hair around 2006 and my hair flared very badly and just now it has cleared on my scalp. I have been told about a natural dye called Hanna but can’t find no hairdressers that use the stuff. You can buy it also at holland and barrett but may find it cheaper elsewhere. You may need some confidence using it.

It may be a factor is any weight issues as you sweat it can have an affect (weight does not help tell me about it)

But remember natural is better (how I like my woman) avoid drugs or steroid creams that the doctor may provide (unless it’s extreme), I like tattoos but that too much of a risk.

Can anyone give me tips? I have it by my crouch area and attacks my privet area (a big downer as it’s very painful and sometimes nearly makes me scream in pain) weight related (sweating due to being chubby?)

I am going to try Dead Sea mud mask next and see how that is. And also this is a handy link (it’s funny too):

www.psoriasisblob.com/.../

Parents
  • Hi Lost0ne87,

Yes, I too suffer from psoriasis - it drives me mad with frustration sometimes!  The medication I take for it does help to a certain extent, but I regularly get flare-ups of the condition.

It's interesting that there might be a link between psoriasis and autism, I've never heard of that before.  I'm still waiting for a full assessment, so it might be worth mentioning that to the psychologist when I go.

I use various medications to try to control my condition (although they don't control it completely), such as shampoo and soap substitutes, and also take an antihistamine which really does seem to help keep the attacks to a minimum.  I had eczema as a baby, and this has carried through into the skin problems I have nowadays.

I should add that all these have been prescribed by my GP and are long term, so they might work for me but not for others.  As to the sweating, I was prescribed Glycopyrronium Bromide for excessive sweating, related to the skin condition, and it does control it to some extent, though is not completely effective.  As with most medications, it's best to check with the GP.

I can't offer much more help, but I really do sympathize with you!

• Hi Lost0ne87,

Yes, I too suffer from psoriasis - it drives me mad with frustration sometimes!  The medication I take for it does help to a certain extent, but I regularly get flare-ups of the condition.

It's interesting that there might be a link between psoriasis and autism, I've never heard of that before.  I'm still waiting for a full assessment, so it might be worth mentioning that to the psychologist when I go.

I use various medications to try to control my condition (although they don't control it completely), such as shampoo and soap substitutes, and also take an antihistamine which really does seem to help keep the attacks to a minimum.  I had eczema as a baby, and this has carried through into the skin problems I have nowadays.

I should add that all these have been prescribed by my GP and are long term, so they might work for me but not for others.  As to the sweating, I was prescribed Glycopyrronium Bromide for excessive sweating, related to the skin condition, and it does control it to some extent, though is not completely effective.  As with most medications, it's best to check with the GP.

I can't offer much more help, but I really do sympathize with you!

Children
No Data