pecs/social stories

Hi

I am shell,I have aspergers syndrome I also have children with autism and own forum and facebook groups

I would like to offer free pecs and social stories,i wont post the link to my site until permission is given

they are word/pdf files any can be made that are needed all free.

I can also laminate and post them off to you free of charge.

• am i allowed to say who to look for on facebook.they can contact me from there

• For example you will not be able to share your email for people to contact you directly and ask for a file, you'd need to find a way they can download the file without any personal contact.

I would never have thought that the NAS would segragate people i have many people contacting me through email as I find it easier to converse that way.I dont charge for anything just offer my insight,i dont ask details from anyone.

personel contact is in my opinion a very important factor in pre and after diagnosis also for private things that cannot be put on ANY message board.

• I can also give you my login details if you wish to browse the forum,

• I have sent two links via email one is my forum the other my facebook group

any visuals that are needed can be downloaded from there there are no virus or spyware as most are made by me with boardmaker then uploaded.some are made with symwriter

• It would be great if you can send me the details then to the email mentioned before -

community.manager@nas.org.uk

We can then look at adding the forum to the 'other forums area' and see how we may be able to mention your offer.

As I explained, our policy on not allowing personal contact details to be shared isn't based on anything to do with you as an individual or a person running a service but applies to everyone.

• my forum is extremly private only registered members can see anything,my forum as been up since 2007 as have my facebook groups,I am well known in the autism community and trusted.

I am no con artists or anything i just offer free pecs and social stories to save people being ripped off on ebay etc.have you seen some of the prices some people charge for these when they only take a few minutes to actually make.

my forum is also linked with the NAS on there links as is my forum for adults on the spectrum.

people are welcome to view any of my groups and ask as many questions as they want.

I have posted many pecs out and had no problems.

if you like i can email you the link to my forum (private) or facebook (not so private )

• Just explain, we didn't think you'd already advertised, just that when you were asking for permission to post links to your site then the two issues we need to consider are advertising and safety concerns.

The NAS Community rules is clear that people may post links that could be helpful for others - including the kind of social stories you are asking for.

However, in order to protect the safety of vulnerable parents and people on the spectrum we have also made the decision to stop the Community being used to share personal contact information.

By suggesting that you'll be happy to send out information directly to people's homes this means we need to make a very careful judgement about whether your website would be appropriate.

If we were just discussing you sharing a page where people can download pdf's or a word document then there would be less to consider. For example you will not be able to share your email for people to contact you directly and ask for a file, you'd need to find a way they can download the file without any personal contact.

We're aware that this can reduce the usefulness of the Community for some users but this is a new venture for the NAS and the safety of everyone is paramount.

I'd also want to make it clear that we don't for one second consider anything problematic or harmful in what you are proposing but the same rules have to apply to everyone. It's one thing to offer a link to a campaign or organisation, it's unfortunately not within the rules to share personal contact information.

So, feel free to email the details over of your service or product and we can take a look and get back to you about whether there is an appropriate way it can be shared through the Community.

• hi

i didnt advertise,i offered pecs/social stories,people are welcome to email me,or find me on facebook.may ia ask though why autism related links are not allowed as this is about autism is it not and sharing experiences and interventions are par for the course .

• Hi,

I'm afraid the advertising or sharing personal contacts through the forum isn't currently allowed on the Community. 

It may be something that could be shared in a different way if you'd like to discuss it in more detail.

The best thing to do would be to contact us at the following email address - community.manager@nas.org.uk