Hobbies and interests - members lists

I just thought I'd start a topic about what interests and hobbies we have.  Here's some of mine...

• Tabletop roleplaying games, especially "Doctor Who" (the FASA, Virgin, and Cubicle 7 ones), "Serenity", "Victoriana" and "GURPS".
  • Re-enactment and LARP events.
  • Collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props.
  • Collecting replica historical coins.
  • Collecting fake pound coins.
  • Video games; mainly, Fallout 3 and GTA at present.
  • Voluntary work; for 15 years, I have been volunteering for a local nature conservation charity.
  • Reading; mainly non-fiction (although I do like Dr Who short story books and collections) such as the Victorian era/1800s, the UK home front during WW2, UK home defence during the Cold War, NBC warfare, special forces, Special Operations Executive, the Goth subculture, amongst others. 
  • Drawing (when I have the patience).
  • TV programmes such as Doctor Who (been a fan since the 1980s), Firefly, Torchwood, Time Team, QI, Have I Got News For You, etc. 
  • Music - Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim, Last Rites, The Eden House, Katie Melua, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc.
  • All things Goth and the Goth subculture.

Parents
  • Goatworshiper said:

Music: progressive rock, folk rock, progressive metal.

We would get on, based on those interest. I'm not so much into folk or folk side of proog, but I like neo folk.

Do you like Black Metal? I find the recent Blut Aus Nord trilogy to be proggy and interesting. Also Ihsahn.

[/quote]

I like Ihsahn but don't know much about black metal.  Ah yes, I also like Negura Bunget but it's not a genre I listen to that much.  I'll check out Blut aus Nord, if it's similar to Ihsahn I'll probably like it.  I'm more into folk metal such as Skyclad or Cruachan, and I like the progressive metal bands Dream Theater, Opeth, Ayreon and Pain of Salvation.

[/quote]

Blut Aus Nord is harsher than Ihsahn, but its very complex mind bending stuff. It's very negative in its outlook, but the 777 trilogy has some epic melodic moments. I really like Negura Bunget, they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Im not overly fond of Dream Theatre or Aryeon, I think that style of vocal isnt for me although it's performed exceptionally well. I love Opeth, they were excellent on the recent tour. I want the new Storm Corrosion album, when I get some spare cash. Do you like Devin Townsend? I've been listening to a lot of his stuff recently.

[/quote]

I apologise for not getting back to you earlier, I seem to have missed your post for some reason.  Thanks for the Blut aus Nord tip.  I listened to a couple of tracks on Youtube and was impressed, definitely technical enough to fit into the "progressive" category.  I'll start looking out for albums once I'm in full time employment again.  I would recommend "Storm Corrosion" good album though rather different to Opeth and Porcupine Tree's previous work.  Yes, I like Devin Townsend, though so far I've only heard Terria. 

Where did you see Negură Bunget perform?  Oh, I also like Blind Guardian and Vintersorg, do you like them?

• Goatworshiper said:

Music: progressive rock, folk rock, progressive metal.

We would get on, based on those interest. I'm not so much into folk or folk side of proog, but I like neo folk.

Do you like Black Metal? I find the recent Blut Aus Nord trilogy to be proggy and interesting. Also Ihsahn.

[/quote]

I like Ihsahn but don't know much about black metal.  Ah yes, I also like Negura Bunget but it's not a genre I listen to that much.  I'll check out Blut aus Nord, if it's similar to Ihsahn I'll probably like it.  I'm more into folk metal such as Skyclad or Cruachan, and I like the progressive metal bands Dream Theater, Opeth, Ayreon and Pain of Salvation.

[/quote]

Blut Aus Nord is harsher than Ihsahn, but its very complex mind bending stuff. It's very negative in its outlook, but the 777 trilogy has some epic melodic moments. I really like Negura Bunget, they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Im not overly fond of Dream Theatre or Aryeon, I think that style of vocal isnt for me although it's performed exceptionally well. I love Opeth, they were excellent on the recent tour. I want the new Storm Corrosion album, when I get some spare cash. Do you like Devin Townsend? I've been listening to a lot of his stuff recently.

[/quote]

I apologise for not getting back to you earlier, I seem to have missed your post for some reason.  Thanks for the Blut aus Nord tip.  I listened to a couple of tracks on Youtube and was impressed, definitely technical enough to fit into the "progressive" category.  I'll start looking out for albums once I'm in full time employment again.  I would recommend "Storm Corrosion" good album though rather different to Opeth and Porcupine Tree's previous work.  Yes, I like Devin Townsend, though so far I've only heard Terria. 

Where did you see Negură Bunget perform?  Oh, I also like Blind Guardian and Vintersorg, do you like them?

Children
No Data